Lake Tahoe weather: 6 to 12 inches of snow possible Monday
February 26, 2018
The Tahoe Basin could see a foot of new snow Monday, according to the National Weather Service.
A winter weather advisory is in effect through 10 p.m. Monday. With a 100 percent chance of snow, Lake Tahoe could see total daytime accumulation of 3 to 7 inches, with another 1 to 3 inches Monday night.
The heaviest snowfall is expected before noon Monday.
The weather service warns that the storm will cause difficult travel conditions Monday. Motorists should allow for extra time on the road.
Recommended Stories For You
Have your winter driving kits ready and check the road conditions before you head out. This storm may be a good “warm up” for the bigger storm on tap for Thursday. #SierraSnow #NVwx #CAwx #WelcomeBackWinter pic.twitter.com/lr6hhqBirS
— NWS Reno (@NWSReno) February 26, 2018
This storm follows one late last week that brought as much as a foot of snow to Lake Tahoe resorts.
Trending In: Weather
- Lake Tahoe weather: Above normal temperatures for 1st weekend of fall
- Lake Tahoe weather: Fall-like conditions in store this week
- Lake Tahoe weather: Colder temperatures in store for region
- More than 2 feet of snow in mountains around Lake Tahoe
- Wildfire smoke triggers air quality alert in Lake Tahoe region
- Whittell celebrates Lisa Maloff, football team crushes Smith Valley at new digs
- Ken’s Tires Center celebrates 40 years in South Lake Tahoe
- El Dorado County supervisor candidates find some common ground on VHR regulations
- Re-vamped Apple Hill shuttle gets a test drive
- What lies in the depths of Lake Tahoe’s waters? (video)