Lake Tahoe weather: 6 to 12 inches of snow possible Monday
February 26, 2018
The Tahoe Basin could see a foot of new snow Monday, according to the National Weather Service.
A winter weather advisory is in effect through 10 p.m. Monday. With a 100 percent chance of snow, Lake Tahoe could see total daytime accumulation of 3 to 7 inches, with another 1 to 3 inches Monday night.
The heaviest snowfall is expected before noon Monday.
The weather service warns that the storm will cause difficult travel conditions Monday. Motorists should allow for extra time on the road.
Recommended Stories For You
Have your winter driving kits ready and check the road conditions before you head out. This storm may be a good “warm up” for the bigger storm on tap for Thursday. #SierraSnow #NVwx #CAwx #WelcomeBackWinter pic.twitter.com/lr6hhqBirS
— NWS Reno (@NWSReno) February 26, 2018
This storm follows one late last week that brought as much as a foot of snow to Lake Tahoe resorts.
Trending In: Weather
- South Lake Tahoe police arrest suspect in possible child sexual assault
- Guest column: VHR ballot initiatives bad for South Lake Tahoe (opinion)
- Guest column: Facts behind South Lake Tahoe VHR initiative (opinion)
- South Lake Tahoe City Council asks for report on VHR initiative
- Summer is here: Tips for spending the season in Tahoe