Lake Tahoe weather: 6 to 12 inches of snow possible Monday
February 26, 2018
The Tahoe Basin could see a foot of new snow Monday, according to the National Weather Service.
A winter weather advisory is in effect through 10 p.m. Monday. With a 100 percent chance of snow, Lake Tahoe could see total daytime accumulation of 3 to 7 inches, with another 1 to 3 inches Monday night.
The heaviest snowfall is expected before noon Monday.
The weather service warns that the storm will cause difficult travel conditions Monday. Motorists should allow for extra time on the road.
Recommended Stories For You
Have your winter driving kits ready and check the road conditions before you head out. This storm may be a good “warm up” for the bigger storm on tap for Thursday. #SierraSnow #NVwx #CAwx #WelcomeBackWinter pic.twitter.com/lr6hhqBirS
— NWS Reno (@NWSReno) February 26, 2018
This storm follows one late last week that brought as much as a foot of snow to Lake Tahoe resorts.
Trending In: Weather
- Lake Tahoe ski resorts report more than 7 feet of snow following winter storm
- 13-below zero at South Lake Tahoe shatters record low
- Snow likely to return to Lake Tahoe this week
- Winter storm warning extended; more snow likely at Lake Tahoe Sunday
- California Highway Patrol: Travel to Lake Tahoe is not recommended