Lake Tahoe weather: Clear skies, chilly temperatures this week
December 4, 2017
After receiving a couple inches of snow over the weekend, Lake Tahoe can expect to see clear skies and chilly temperatures through the week.
The forecast through Friday, Dec. 8, shows no signs of precipitation for the Tahoe region, according to the National Weather Service.
High temperatures for the region are not expected to exceed 50 degrees through Thursday. Monday’s high temperatures are expected to range between 29 and 34 degrees with winds as strong as 30 mph in the afternoon.
The forecast surely is unwelcome news for skiers, riders and Tahoe’s resorts, which have been slowly opening over the past month. Sierra-at-Tahoe opened Saturday, following both Heavenly and Kirkwood Mountain resorts, which opened in November.
All three resorts reported receiving 4 inches of snow after this weekend’s fast-striking winter storm.
Trending In: Weather
- Lake Tahoe weather: Northern California wildfires could impact air quality in region
- Wildfire smoke fills Lake Tahoe Basin, possible improvement coming Wednesday afternoon
- Wildfires to cause lower air quality in Lake Tahoe region, Sierra Nevada
- Lake Tahoe weather: Colder temps and sunshine this weekend
- Wildfire smoke triggers air quality alert in Lake Tahoe region