Lake Tahoe weather: Colder temperatures in store for region
September 10, 2018
The Lake Tahoe region is in store for colder temperatures this week.
After several days of temperatures in the high and mid 70s, the high temperature will reach 65 degrees Wednesday in South Lake Tahoe, according to the National Weather Service. Incline Village will see a high of 63 degrees Wednesday.
High temperatures will remain in the 60s through the week. A fire weather watch has been issued for the region from Tuesday through Wednesday.
“The recent pattern of modest breezes and warm afternoons will begin to change Tuesday as low pressure moves into the Pacific Northwest,” the service states. “Gusty winds with critical fire weather conditions, rough boating, and impacts to air and ground travel are likely Tuesday and Wednesday. Autumn-like temperatures kick in for the second half of the week with a modest warm up next weekend.”
Trending In: Weather
- Winter weather advisory issued for Lake Tahoe
- Memorial services scheduled for Dr. Stephen Bannar
- South Lake Tahoe community mourns the death of Dr. Stephen Bannar
- 6 South Lake Tahoe families searching for homes after unsafe apartment building condemned
- Parents outraged over handling of fire at Sierra House Elementary School