Lake Tahoe weather: Colder temperatures in store for region
September 10, 2018
The Lake Tahoe region is in store for colder temperatures this week.
After several days of temperatures in the high and mid 70s, the high temperature will reach 65 degrees Wednesday in South Lake Tahoe, according to the National Weather Service. Incline Village will see a high of 63 degrees Wednesday.
High temperatures will remain in the 60s through the week. A fire weather watch has been issued for the region from Tuesday through Wednesday.
“The recent pattern of modest breezes and warm afternoons will begin to change Tuesday as low pressure moves into the Pacific Northwest,” the service states. “Gusty winds with critical fire weather conditions, rough boating, and impacts to air and ground travel are likely Tuesday and Wednesday. Autumn-like temperatures kick in for the second half of the week with a modest warm up next weekend.”
Trending In: Weather
- Lake Tahoe weather: Above normal temperatures for 1st weekend of fall
- Lake Tahoe weather: Fall-like conditions in store this week
- Wildfire smoke triggers air quality alert in Lake Tahoe region
- Wildfires to cause lower air quality in Lake Tahoe region, Sierra Nevada
- Fire weather watch issued for Lake Tahoe region
- El Dorado County supervisor candidates find some common ground on VHR regulations
- Authorities recover body from 1,062 feet in Lake Tahoe (updated)
- What lies in the depths of Lake Tahoe’s waters? (video)
- Whittell celebrates Lisa Maloff, football team crushes Smith Valley at new digs
- Referendum backers submit signatures; South Lake Tahoe marijuana regulations delayed (updated)