Lake Tahoe weather: Haze from California wildfires expected heading into weekend
July 27, 2018
The Tahoe Basin is in store for more haze Friday and Saturday stemming from California wildfires.
Widespread haze and smoke will continue to impact the region, according to the National Weather Service in Reno. The service says to expect haze at times, with visibility ranging from 6-10 miles. Denser smoke is possible in the mornings, mainly across northeastern California.
Another fire, dubbed the Carr Fire, broke out Thursday near Redding. The blaze has exploded since it started, destroying homes and killing a bulldozer operator.
Lake Tahoe will see widespread haze Friday and Saturday. The high temperature in South Lake Tahoe will reach 87 degrees Friday with light and variable winds of 5-10 mph in the afternoon. Saturday will bring a high of 88 degrees in South Lake Tahoe.
Trending In: Weather
- Lake Tahoe weather: Above normal temperatures for 1st weekend of fall
- Lake Tahoe weather: Fall-like conditions in store this week
- Lake Tahoe weather: Colder temperatures in store for region
- Lake Tahoe weather: Flood watch in effect Monday afternoon at Lake Tahoe
- Wildfires to cause lower air quality in Lake Tahoe region, Sierra Nevada
- Authorities recover body from 1,062 feet in Lake Tahoe (updated)
- What lies in the depths of Lake Tahoe’s waters? (video)
- El Dorado County supervisor candidates find some common ground on VHR regulations
- Referendum backers submit signatures; South Lake Tahoe marijuana regulations delayed (updated)
- Human skull found in Truckee off Highway 89