Lake Tahoe weather: Rain likely this week, snow possible Saturday
January 2, 2018
The new year could get off to a soggy start at Lake Tahoe.
After a somewhat sunny day Tuesday, scattered showers are expected to move into South Lake Tahoe later in the day Wednesday, according to the National Weather Service. There will be a 32-percent chance of precipitation.
The snow level for the Lake Tahoe region on Wednesday will range from 8,000 to 8,500 feet.
Wednesday night and early Thursday morning, the chance of precipitation will increase to 80 percent before dropping to 40 percent later in the morning Thursday.
Snow level in the region on Thursday will range from 7,500 to 8,000 feet.
High temperatures through Friday are expected to range from the low 50s to mid 40s. Forecasters don’t expect the low temperatures to dip below 33 degrees during that time.
Recommended Stories For You
On Saturday, there will be a chance of rain and snow showers in South Lake Tahoe, according to NWS. Conditions will be mostly cloudy, with a high near 42 degrees and a low near 27 degrees in South Lake Tahoe.
Trending In: Weather
- Lake Tahoe weather: Temps could reach 80 degrees during first week of fall
- Lake Tahoe weather: Above normal temperatures for 1st weekend of fall
- Lake Tahoe weather: Fall-like conditions in store this week
- More than 2 feet of snow in mountains around Lake Tahoe
- Lake Tahoe weather: Colder temperatures in store for region
- DA: Former Lake Tahoe Humane Society director pleads guilty to embezzlement (updated)
- Traps reignite controversy over Nevada Department of Wildlife bear management
- Ken’s Tires Center celebrates 40 years in South Lake Tahoe
- Douglas County conducts online survey on vacation home rentals
- El Dorado County supervisor candidates find some common ground on VHR regulations