Lake Tahoe weather: Rain, strong winds today
November 9, 2017
Expect rain and snow Thursday morning and strong winds all day in the greater Lake Tahoe region.
Precipitation is essentially a guarantee Thursday morning with a chance of rain and snow in the afternoon, according to the National Weather Service. Snow level will hover around 8,000 feet with 1 – 4 inches of accumulation possible above that elevation.
A lake wind advisory is in effect until 7 p.m. Thursday. People are advised to stay off the lake. Expect southwest winds of 20 – 30 mph with gusts up to 50 mph. Gusts as strong as 100 mph are possible on the ridges.
Snow level will drop to 7,500 feet Thursday night with low temperatures ranging between 25 – 30 degrees.
Friday will see mostly cloudy conditions with a chance of rain and snow. Snow level is expected to be in the neighborhood of 7,000 feet.
Sunny conditions are expected Saturday.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Weather
- Lake Tahoe weather: Above normal temperatures for 1st weekend of fall
- Lake Tahoe weather: Fall-like conditions in store this week
- Yosemite wildfire to cause haze, smoke in Lake Tahoe Basin today
- Lake Tahoe weather: Colder temperatures in store for region
- Wildfires to cause lower air quality in Lake Tahoe region, Sierra Nevada
- What lies in the depths of Lake Tahoe’s waters? (video)
- Authorities recover body from 1,062 feet in Lake Tahoe (updated)
- Human skull found in Truckee off Highway 89
- Blue Granite Climbing Gym open for business in South Lake Tahoe
- Referendum backers submit signatures; South Lake Tahoe marijuana regulations delayed (updated)