Lake Tahoe weather: Rain, strong winds today
November 9, 2017
Expect rain and snow Thursday morning and strong winds all day in the greater Lake Tahoe region.
Precipitation is essentially a guarantee Thursday morning with a chance of rain and snow in the afternoon, according to the National Weather Service. Snow level will hover around 8,000 feet with 1 – 4 inches of accumulation possible above that elevation.
A lake wind advisory is in effect until 7 p.m. Thursday. People are advised to stay off the lake. Expect southwest winds of 20 – 30 mph with gusts up to 50 mph. Gusts as strong as 100 mph are possible on the ridges.
Snow level will drop to 7,500 feet Thursday night with low temperatures ranging between 25 – 30 degrees.
Friday will see mostly cloudy conditions with a chance of rain and snow. Snow level is expected to be in the neighborhood of 7,000 feet.
Sunny conditions are expected Saturday.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Weather
- Lake Tahoe weather: Northern California wildfires could impact air quality in region
- Wildfires to cause lower air quality in Lake Tahoe region, Sierra Nevada
- Wildfire smoke fills Lake Tahoe Basin, possible improvement coming Wednesday afternoon
- Wildfire smoke triggers air quality alert in Lake Tahoe region
- Smoke free? Clear, sunny conditions in forecast for Lake Tahoe region
- ELECTION UPDATE: South Lake Tahoe’s Measure T passing by 58 votes
- Tahoe Regional Planning Agency approves US 50 South Shore Community Revitalization Project
- Tahoe Keys Marina vows legal action after City Council rejects land swap appeal
- South Lake Tahoe man jailed after allegedly selling pot to minors
- ELECTION UPDATE: Measure T’s lead falls to 47 votes in South Lake Tahoe