Lake Tahoe weather: Resorts report more snow; warm temperatures coming this weekend (video)
January 26, 2018
Resorts on Lake Tahoe’s South Shore received several more inches of snow Thursday ahead of a warming trend that will push high temperatures into the 50s this weekend.
The newest totals cap a series of winter storms that brought much needed powder to the Tahoe Basin, which largely lacked snow prior to a week ago. On Jan. 19, resorts reported 7 inches of new snow. That storm also brought some of the first measurable snow at lake level.
On Thursday morning, Jan. 25, South Shore ski resorts reported more than 1 foot of fresh snow in 24 hours.
While the fresh snow was a welcome sight for many, it might not stick around too long.
Recommended Stories For You
The National Weather Service forecast includes a warming trend this weekend, with high temperatures in South Lake Tahoe climbing into the 50s. The forecast also includes mostly sunny conditions with no precipitation in the coming week.
Trending In: Weather
- Lake Tahoe weather: Northern California wildfires could impact air quality in region
- Lake Tahoe weather: Colder temps and sunshine this weekend
- Wildfire smoke fills Lake Tahoe Basin, possible improvement coming Wednesday afternoon
- Wildfires to cause lower air quality in Lake Tahoe region, Sierra Nevada
- Wildfire smoke triggers air quality alert in Lake Tahoe region
- Election update: Measure T still passing in South Lake Tahoe but margin shrinks
- Whole Foods, Chase Bank sites for sale in South Lake Tahoe
- Police: Undercover operation breaks up Lake Tahoe drug ring
- Thousands of ballots yet to be counted in El Dorado County
- MTV acquires SnowGlobe Music Festival (updated)