Lake Tahoe weather: Ski resorts report 1 foot of new snow; more in forecast for South Shore
February 23, 2018
Lake Tahoe South Shore could see another 1-2 inches of snow Friday, which would follow 1 foot of snow that fell in the high country Thursday.
The greatest chance of snow in South Lake Tahoe comes before 10 a.m. Friday, according to the National Weather Service in Reno. There is an 80 percent before 10 a.m., before falling to a 20 percent chance of isolated showers later in the day.
Meanwhile the weather service forecast calls for mostly sunny conditions Friday in Incline Village. The high temperature in Incline is expected to reach 25 degrees.
The high temperature in South Lake Tahoe Friday will climb to 29 degrees.
Any additional snow Friday will come on the heels of much needed snow Thursday. Sierra-at-Tahoe on Friday morning reported 1 foot of new snow at its summit in 24 hours. Kirkwood Mountain Resort also reported 1 foot of new snow and Heavenly Mountain Resort reported 10 inches.
Diamond Peak Ski Resort in Incline Village on Friday morning reported 3 inches of new snow in 24 hours.
The next chance of snow for the Tahoe Basin, according to the weather service, is Saturday night for North Shore and Sunday for both shores.
This one's a tear-jerker. You'll be crying because you're not here.
It's been snowing all morning and there's more to come over the next 7 days!
— SkiHeavenly (@skiheavenly) February 22, 2018
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Weather
- Contractor damaged land in Emerald Bay; former employee considering lawsuit
- Lime electric scooters pose challenges for South Lake Tahoe law enforcement
- Harrah’s and Harveys Lake Tahoe start paid parking for special events, holidays
- Lake Tahoe love story: Couple who met and reconnected in Tahoe wed on North Shore
- Former Scripps/Howard estate on Lake Tahoe East Shore hits market for $35 million (video)