Lake Tahoe weather: Slight chance of snow on South Shore today
February 14, 2018
There is a slight chance of isolated snow showers at Lake Tahoe Wednesday evening.
According to the National Weather Service in Reno, there is a 20 percent chance of snow in South Lake Tahoe. Across the lake in Incline Village, the forecast calls for increasing cloud coverage but no precipitation Wednesday evening.
A lake wind advisory is in effect for Tahoe from 1-10 p.m. Wednesday. Gusts could be as strong as 35 mph, according to the weather service. South Lake Tahoe is forecast to see a high temperature of 41 degrees and a low of 21, while Incline Village is expected to see a high of 36 degrees and a low of 20.
Our crews are jogging their memories on how to remove this “snow” stuff and are loving it!
Today, we’ll see scattered snow showers, cool temps, and light winds.
7 lifts/tows crank from 9-4 with access to 25 trails.
Sierra is looking great in white, no matter how much it is! pic.twitter.com/8g1Idhvzzx
Recommended Stories For You
— Sierra-at-Tahoe (@Sierra_at_Tahoe) February 12, 2018
South Shore and Incline Village will see sunny conditions starting Thursday and lasting through most of President’s Day weekend. There is a slight chance of snow in the forecast for Lake Tahoe on Monday.
South Shore ski resorts reported light snow totals from a storm earlier this week. On Wednesday morning Heavenly Mountain Resort reported 4 inches of new snow in 48 hours, Sierra-at-Tahoe reported 1 inch and Kirkwood Mountain Resort reported 2 inches.
Diamond Peak Ski Resort did not report any new snow in the last 48 hours.
Trending In: Weather
- Lake Tahoe weather: Above normal temperatures for 1st weekend of fall
- Lake Tahoe weather: Fall-like conditions in store this week
- Lake Tahoe weather: Colder temperatures in store for region
- More than 2 feet of snow in mountains around Lake Tahoe
- Wildfire smoke triggers air quality alert in Lake Tahoe region
- Whittell celebrates Lisa Maloff, football team crushes Smith Valley at new digs
- Ken’s Tires Center celebrates 40 years in South Lake Tahoe
- El Dorado County supervisor candidates find some common ground on VHR regulations
- Re-vamped Apple Hill shuttle gets a test drive
- What lies in the depths of Lake Tahoe’s waters? (video)