Lake Tahoe weather: Sunshine, rain, snow in forecast this week
April 9, 2018
The coming week could be a bit of a roller coaster when it comes to the forecast.
Monday is expected to bring sunny conditions to Lake Tahoe, with high temperatures climbing toward the mid-60s, according to the National Weather Service. The low in South Lake Tahoe will likely be 40 degrees.
Tuesday will bring cloudy conditions and a 30 percent chance of precipitation after 11 a.m. Wind gusts will pick up Tuesday afternoon, ranging from 20 to 25 mph, with gusts as strong as 40 mph.
Wednesday will be mostly sunny with high temperatures in the high 40s and low 50s.
The weather service says there will be a 50 percent chance of snow showers Thursday. New snow accumulation could total 1 inch in South Lake Tahoe, where the high temperature is expected to reach 39 degrees. Some thunder also is possible.
After a warm and dry start to the week, winds will be strong and gusty Tues-Thurs with chances for showers Tues and then better chances for snow Wed N into Thurs. Highs will only be in the 30s and 40s Thurs (don’t shoot the messenger!). pic.twitter.com/QGqSIg00BF
Recommended Stories For You
— NWS Reno (@NWSReno) April 8, 2018
Sunshine is in the forecast for Friday.
Trending In: Weather
- Lake Tahoe weather: Northern California wildfires could impact air quality in region
- Wildfires to cause lower air quality in Lake Tahoe region, Sierra Nevada
- Wildfire smoke fills Lake Tahoe Basin, possible improvement coming Wednesday afternoon
- Smoke free? Clear, sunny conditions in forecast for Lake Tahoe region
- Wildfire smoke triggers air quality alert in Lake Tahoe region
- ELECTION UPDATE: Measure T’s lead falls to 47 votes in South Lake Tahoe
- Tahoe Regional Planning Agency approves US 50 South Shore Community Revitalization Project
- Tahoe Keys Marina vows legal action after City Council rejects land swap appeal
- ELECTION UPDATE: South Lake Tahoe’s Measure T passing by 58 votes
- South Lake Tahoe man jailed after allegedly selling pot to minors