Lake Tahoe weather: Sunshine, slight chance of snow in weekend forecast
April 27, 2018
The coming weekend could perfectly embody springtime in the Sierra Nevada: sunshine on Saturday and a slight chance of snow Sunday.
Temperatures are expected to be noticeably cooler over the weekend than earlier in the week when high temperatures climbed into the low 70s, according to the National Weather Service. The high in South Lake Tahoe Friday is expected to reach the mid 50s before dropping into the 40s over the weekend.
Saturday will be mostly sunny. Sunday will bring a slight chance of snow before 11 a.m. Some thunder and rain are possible. There is a 20 percent chance of precipitation.
A small chance of precipitation will remain in the forecast to start the week before sunny conditions return Wednesday, according to the service.
Trending In: Weather
- Lake Tahoe weather: Above normal temperatures for 1st weekend of fall
- Lake Tahoe weather: Fall-like conditions in store this week
- Lake Tahoe weather: Colder temperatures in store for region
- Lake Tahoe weather: Flood watch in effect Monday afternoon at Lake Tahoe
- Wildfires to cause lower air quality in Lake Tahoe region, Sierra Nevada
- Authorities recover body from 1,062 feet in Lake Tahoe (updated)
- What lies in the depths of Lake Tahoe’s waters? (video)
- El Dorado County supervisor candidates find some common ground on VHR regulations
- Referendum backers submit signatures; South Lake Tahoe marijuana regulations delayed (updated)
- Human skull found in Truckee off Highway 89