Lake Tahoe weather: Winter storm could bring 3-6 inches of snow
April 15, 2018
A winter storm slated to move into the region Sunday evening could bring 3-6 inches of snow around Lake Tahoe.
The National Weather Service has issued a winter weather advisory for the Tahoe Basin. The advisory is effect starting at 5 p.m. Sunday. It will last until 8 a.m. Monday.
The heaviest snow is most likely between 6 and 11 p.m.
Snow accumulation below 7,000 feet could total 3-6 inches, with larger amounts possible west of California Route 89. Up to 1 foot of snow is possible above 7,000 feet.
Snow is expected Monday, with an 80 percent chance of precipitation in South Lake Tahoe, according to the service. South Lake Tahoe could see 1-2 inches of snow.
Trending In: Weather
- Lake Tahoe weather: Scattered snow showers possible today; little to no accumulation expected
- Lake Tahoe weather: Heavenly Mountain Resort reports 7 inches of new snow
- Lake Tahoe weather: Winter storm could bring 3-6 inches of snow
- Lake Tahoe weather: Atmospheric river could cause flooding in Tahoe Basin
- Ice Cube performing at Lake Tahoe Hard Rock Hotel and Casino
- The city of $1,000 parking tickets? South Lake Tahoe divided on vacation rental management
- South Lake Tahoe to allow two cannabis microbusinesses
- California Highway Patrol seeks to enforce ag station requirement to ease traffic in Meyers neighborhoods
- Sunny weekend ahead: Check out these 5 Lake Tahoe patios