Lake Tahoe weather: Winter storm could bring 3-6 inches of snow
April 15, 2018
A winter storm slated to move into the region Sunday evening could bring 3-6 inches of snow around Lake Tahoe.
The National Weather Service has issued a winter weather advisory for the Tahoe Basin. The advisory is effect starting at 5 p.m. Sunday. It will last until 8 a.m. Monday.
The heaviest snow is most likely between 6 and 11 p.m.
Snow accumulation below 7,000 feet could total 3-6 inches, with larger amounts possible west of California Route 89. Up to 1 foot of snow is possible above 7,000 feet.
Snow is expected Monday, with an 80 percent chance of precipitation in South Lake Tahoe, according to the service. South Lake Tahoe could see 1-2 inches of snow.
Trending In: Weather
- Lake Tahoe weather: Slight chance of rain, thunderstorms Friday and Saturday
- Lake Tahoe weather: Haze and sunny conditions to start week, thunderstorms possible Thursday
- Lake Tahoe weather: Sunny, warm weekend ahead
- Lake Tahoe weather: Sunny weekend with temperatures in the 80s
- National Weather Service: South Lake Tahoe sets new record high temperature for Jan. 30