Lake Tahoe weather: Up to 7 inches of new snow possible Thursday
February 22, 2018
A winter weather advisory is in effect for the Tahoe Basin, which could see up to 7 inches of new snow Thursday.
The advisory remains in effect until 10 p.m. Thursday, according to the National Weather Service. Total snow accumulation could range form 4 to 7 inches, with localized amounts up to 12 inches.
With chilly temperatures — the expected high is 27 degrees in South Lake Tahoe and 23 degrees in Incline Village — and snow, roads will be slick. The weather service advises motorists to travel cautiously and plan for extra time on the roads.
Conditions also could cause tree limbs to snap.
Trending In: Weather
- Lake Tahoe weather: Above normal temperatures for 1st weekend of fall
- Lake Tahoe weather: Fall-like conditions in store this week
- Lake Tahoe weather: Colder temperatures in store for region
- More than 2 feet of snow in mountains around Lake Tahoe
- Wildfire smoke triggers air quality alert in Lake Tahoe region
- Whittell celebrates Lisa Maloff, football team crushes Smith Valley at new digs
- Ken’s Tires Center celebrates 40 years in South Lake Tahoe
- El Dorado County supervisor candidates find some common ground on VHR regulations
- Re-vamped Apple Hill shuttle gets a test drive
- What lies in the depths of Lake Tahoe’s waters? (video)