Lake Tahoe weather: Up to 7 inches of new snow possible Thursday
February 22, 2018
A winter weather advisory is in effect for the Tahoe Basin, which could see up to 7 inches of new snow Thursday.
The advisory remains in effect until 10 p.m. Thursday, according to the National Weather Service. Total snow accumulation could range form 4 to 7 inches, with localized amounts up to 12 inches.
With chilly temperatures — the expected high is 27 degrees in South Lake Tahoe and 23 degrees in Incline Village — and snow, roads will be slick. The weather service advises motorists to travel cautiously and plan for extra time on the roads.
Conditions also could cause tree limbs to snap.
Trending In: Weather
- Lake Tahoe ski resorts report more than 7 feet of snow following winter storm
- 13-below zero at South Lake Tahoe shatters record low
- Snow likely to return to Lake Tahoe this week
- Winter storm warning extended; more snow likely at Lake Tahoe Sunday
- California Highway Patrol: Travel to Lake Tahoe is not recommended