Lake Tahoe weather: Up to 7 inches of new snow possible Thursday
February 22, 2018
A winter weather advisory is in effect for the Tahoe Basin, which could see up to 7 inches of new snow Thursday.
The advisory remains in effect until 10 p.m. Thursday, according to the National Weather Service. Total snow accumulation could range form 4 to 7 inches, with localized amounts up to 12 inches.
With chilly temperatures — the expected high is 27 degrees in South Lake Tahoe and 23 degrees in Incline Village — and snow, roads will be slick. The weather service advises motorists to travel cautiously and plan for extra time on the roads.
Conditions also could cause tree limbs to snap.
Trending In: Weather
- Lake Tahoe weather: Spectacular forecast for 1st weekend of summer
- Lake Tahoe weather: Wind advisory, cooler temperatures in weekend forecast
- Lake Tahoe weather: Resorts report 1 foot of snow; several feet in forecast later this week
- National Weather Service: South Lake Tahoe sets new record high temperature for Jan. 30
- South Lake Tahoe City Council asks for report on VHR initiative
- North Lake Tahoe foodies launch small batch sauce company
- Letter: Lime is good for South Lake Tahoe; embrace change (opinion)
- South Lake Tahoe police arrest suspect in possible child sexual assault
- Guest column: VHR ballot initiatives bad for South Lake Tahoe (opinion)