Not over yet: More snow falling near Lake Tahoe
December 20, 2017
The snow-hungry Sierra received some needed powder Wednesday morning, and there might be more in store.
South Shore resorts reported minimum accumulation Wednesday morning. Sierra-at-Tahoe reported 2 inches of snow, while Kirkwood and Heavenly resorts reported 1 inch of snow in the morning.
However, both Sierra-at-Tahoe and the California Department of Transportation reported new snow falling just before 5 p.m. There is a 30 percent chance of precipitation in South Lake Tahoe Wednesday night, according to the National Weather Service.
— Sierra-at-Tahoe (@Sierra_at_Tahoe) December 21, 2017
Recommended Stories For You
Starting to see some snow falling again on our Highway 50 Sierra cameras, and it’s starting to stick to the roadway. Be prepared for winter driving and possible chain requirements. pic.twitter.com/H1SSiae4tg
— Caltrans District 3 (@CaltransDist3) December 21, 2017
Trending In: Weather
- Rain, snow in forecast for Lake Tahoe; expect Thanksgiving travel delays in northern Sierra
- Winter storm warning issued for Lake Tahoe high country
- Kirkwood Mountain Resort changes opening day from Wednesday to Saturday
- 9 Lake Tahoe restaurants serving Thanksgiving Day dinner
- ELECTION UPDATE: Measure T’s lead falls to 47 votes in South Lake Tahoe