Not over yet: More snow falling near Lake Tahoe
December 20, 2017
The snow-hungry Sierra received some needed powder Wednesday morning, and there might be more in store.
South Shore resorts reported minimum accumulation Wednesday morning. Sierra-at-Tahoe reported 2 inches of snow, while Kirkwood and Heavenly resorts reported 1 inch of snow in the morning.
However, both Sierra-at-Tahoe and the California Department of Transportation reported new snow falling just before 5 p.m. There is a 30 percent chance of precipitation in South Lake Tahoe Wednesday night, according to the National Weather Service.
— Sierra-at-Tahoe (@Sierra_at_Tahoe) December 21, 2017
Recommended Stories For You
Starting to see some snow falling again on our Highway 50 Sierra cameras, and it’s starting to stick to the roadway. Be prepared for winter driving and possible chain requirements. pic.twitter.com/H1SSiae4tg
— Caltrans District 3 (@CaltransDist3) December 21, 2017
Trending In: Weather
- Lake Tahoe weather: Above normal temperatures for 1st weekend of fall
- Lake Tahoe weather: Fall-like conditions in store this week
- Lake Tahoe weather: Colder temperatures in store for region
- Lake Tahoe weather: Flood watch in effect Monday afternoon at Lake Tahoe
- Wildfires to cause lower air quality in Lake Tahoe region, Sierra Nevada
- Authorities recover body from 1,062 feet in Lake Tahoe (updated)
- What lies in the depths of Lake Tahoe’s waters? (video)
- El Dorado County supervisor candidates find some common ground on VHR regulations
- Referendum backers submit signatures; South Lake Tahoe marijuana regulations delayed (updated)
- Human skull found in Truckee off Highway 89