Smoke free? Clear, sunny conditions in forecast for Lake Tahoe region
August 13, 2018
After several weeks filled with smoke from regional wildfires, the Lake Tahoe Basin should be able to breathe easier.
The coming week will bring mostly sunny and clear conditions to Tahoe, according to the National Weather Service. Temperatures are expected to be in the low 80s.
Tuesday will be the primary exception to the otherwise pleasant week. Scattered thunderstorms are in the forecast, primarily after 11 a.m.
The chance of precipitation during the day is 30 percent, before falling to 20 percent in the evening.
Crews have made progress on the largest fires burning around the state.
Those fires sent smoke into the region over the course of several weeks. Just days ago, the smoke triggered an air quality alert in the region.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Weather
- Lake Tahoe weather: Above normal temperatures for 1st weekend of fall
- Lake Tahoe weather: Fall-like conditions in store this week
- Yosemite wildfire to cause haze, smoke in Lake Tahoe Basin today
- Lake Tahoe weather: Colder temperatures in store for region
- Wildfires to cause lower air quality in Lake Tahoe region, Sierra Nevada
- What lies in the depths of Lake Tahoe’s waters? (video)
- Authorities recover body from 1,062 feet in Lake Tahoe (updated)
- Human skull found in Truckee off Highway 89
- Blue Granite Climbing Gym open for business in South Lake Tahoe
- Referendum backers submit signatures; South Lake Tahoe marijuana regulations delayed (updated)