Smoke free? Clear, sunny conditions in forecast for Lake Tahoe region
August 13, 2018
After several weeks filled with smoke from regional wildfires, the Lake Tahoe Basin should be able to breathe easier.
The coming week will bring mostly sunny and clear conditions to Tahoe, according to the National Weather Service. Temperatures are expected to be in the low 80s.
Tuesday will be the primary exception to the otherwise pleasant week. Scattered thunderstorms are in the forecast, primarily after 11 a.m.
The chance of precipitation during the day is 30 percent, before falling to 20 percent in the evening.
Crews have made progress on the largest fires burning around the state.
Those fires sent smoke into the region over the course of several weeks. Just days ago, the smoke triggered an air quality alert in the region.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Weather
- Lake Tahoe weather: Northern California wildfires could impact air quality in region
- Wildfires to cause lower air quality in Lake Tahoe region, Sierra Nevada
- Wildfire smoke fills Lake Tahoe Basin, possible improvement coming Wednesday afternoon
- Wildfire smoke triggers air quality alert in Lake Tahoe region
- Smoke free? Clear, sunny conditions in forecast for Lake Tahoe region
- ELECTION UPDATE: South Lake Tahoe’s Measure T passing by 58 votes
- Tahoe Regional Planning Agency approves US 50 South Shore Community Revitalization Project
- ELECTION UPDATE: Measure T’s lead falls to 47 votes in South Lake Tahoe
- Tahoe Keys Marina vows legal action after City Council rejects land swap appeal
- South Lake Tahoe man jailed after allegedly selling pot to minors