Weekend storms deliver 3 feet of snow to Lake Tahoe ski resorts
January 7, 2019
Tahoe area ski resorts got a big boost from several weekend storms that moved through the region over the weekend.
Similarly, Mt. Rose Ski Tahoe reports 32-36 inches of new snow following the weekend storms.
Kirkwood Mountain Resort, which has received an impressive 140 inches of snow so far this season, is reporting 32 new inches of snow.
Sierra-at-Tahoe reports 24 new inches at its base and 27 at its summit.
Heavenly Mountain Resort reports a 48-hour snow total of 18 inches.
Recommended Stories For You
Persistent winds continue to cause problems for some ski resorts. Be sure to check conditions before heading out.
Trending In: Weather
- Sierra storm could bring up to 1 foot of snow to higher elevations around Lake Tahoe
- Sunny, warm conditions in store for Lake Tahoe this weekend; winter storm possible next week
- Wet winter ends California drought after 376 straight weeks
- Sierra snowpack well above average; California looking at ‘excellent water year’
- Lake Tahoe ski resorts report more than 7 feet of snow following winter storm