Wednesday road report: Tahoe roads slick this morning, restrictions in place
High wind and blowing snow have made for hazardous driving conditions this morning over mountain passes. Here is the latest road report as of 7:30 this morning:
– Chains mandatory for 11 miles between 10.56 miles east of Kyburz and 4.1 miles west of Junction of Highway 89.
– Snowtires or chains required for 6.5 miles between 6.7 miles east of Hams Station California and 5.8 miles east of Peddlar Hill.
– Chains mandatory for 25.2 miles between 5.8 miles east of Peddlar Hill and Picketts Junction.
– Snowtires or chains required for 7.21 miles between Bliss State Park and Tahoma.
– Snowtires or chains required for 9.3 miles between 4.9 miles north of Junction State Route 28 and 10.33 miles south of Junction Highway 395.
– Open with no controls, high wind warning: campers and trailers are prohibited for 6.05 miles between 2.33 miles north of Junction U.S. 95 Business and State Route 529-North Carson Street and 0.02 miles south of Winters Ranch.