Guests stranded for hours on chairlift at Lake Tahoe ski resort
February 25, 2019
Some guests at Northstar California spent a significant amount of their Sunday hanging around after a chairlift stalled.
The resort said the Promise Land Express lift stopped operating at approximately 10:41 a.m. leaving guests stranded for over three hours.
Ski patrol was able to evacuate six people by rope before resort staff got the lift running slowly at 1 p.m. and began unloading guests. By 2:45 p.m. the evacuation was completed successfully with no major injuries reported.
The lift is currently not operating. According to a press release from Northstar they are working to resolve the issue with Promised Land Express before re-opening it to the public.
Trending In: Carousel
- Guests stranded for hours on chairlift at Lake Tahoe ski resort
- UPDATE: Douglas County homicides determined not related to El Dorado case
- Kingsbury Middle School sale nets $3.525 million
- Bike park proposal for Incline Village rolls toward next steps
- Male snowboarder, 43, dies after falling into tree well at Tahoe-area resort
- Winter storm could dump up to 2 feet of snow at higher elevations around Lake Tahoe
- Several inches of snow possible as colder storm heads toward Lake Tahoe
- Rain, snow expected at Lake Tahoe today; more storms in forecast
- Police say Douglas County murder suspect killed for meth
- 6 burger spots to try around Lake Tahoe