Nevada Highway Patrol searching for driver in hit-and-run at Crystal Bay
May 25, 2018
Law enforcement is asking for the public’s help in locating a driver who was involved in a collision in Crystal Bay and fled the scene.
A preliminary investigation by Nevada Highway Patrol indicates that a bicyclist was traveling northbound on Nevada Route 28 approaching Stateline Road sometime before 4 p.m. Wednesday, May 23.
A vehicle, described as a two-tone car with blue on the top and tan on the bottom, was traveling southbound on SR 28 approaching Stateline Road.
The vehicle entered the intersection and made a left turn into the path of the bicyclist, according to NHP. The bicyclist struck the right front of the vehicle and was ejected, landing on the asphalt.
The vehicle fled the scene, but was described by the victim and witnesses as a blue/tan Subaru Outback — or similar type vehicle — with Nevada license plates.
The driver of the vehicle was described as a white male adult, approximately 65 years of age with a white "bushy" mustache. The bicyclist suffered injuries as a result of the crash.
Recommended Stories For You
NHP is requesting the public's assistance in locating the driver of the vehicle described in the crash. Anyone with information regarding this collision should contact Trooper Sal Navarro at 775-687-9600 or firstname.lastname@example.org Case No. 180502225.
Trending In: Carousel
- Weather service: ‘Life threatening’ conditions persist at Lake Tahoe
- Lake Tahoe weather: Moderate snow to start Tuesday; storms could bring over 3 feet
- UPDATE: Chain requirements in effect on most Lake Tahoe area highways
- UPDATE: Douglas County homicides determined not related to El Dorado case
- Sierra Avalanche Center issues backcountry avalanche watch for Lake Tahoe region