Election Day 2017: South Lake Tahoe voters to decide Measure C
November 7, 2017
ON MEASURE C
Today is the big day — voters in South Lake Tahoe will decide on whether or not to increase the city’s sales tax rate by ½ a percent to generate funds for road rehabilitation and repairs.
Measure C is the only item on the ballot for South Lake Tahoe voters. A “yes” vote is in favor of the tax and a “no” vote is against the tax.
There are three polling places in South Lake Tahoe today: the county recorder office at Suite 108 at 3368 Lake Tahoe Blvd.; the South Shore Christian Assembly, located at 886 Glorene Ave.; and at Lake Tahoe Christian Fellowship, located at 3580 Blackwood Road.
Those who are not registered to vote can still do so, but they must head to the county recorder’s office in order to cast a conditional ballot. The polls close at 8 p.m. today.
Measure C requires 66.7 percent in favor in order for it to pass. The Tribune will post preliminary election results as soon as they become available.
ON MEASURE C
Trending In: Main Carousel
- Second open records case heads to Nevada Supreme Court
- South Lake Tahoe restaurants donating proceeds to fire, hurricane victims
- Sale of Chateau at the Village in South Lake Tahoe closes for $42.5M
- Kingsbury Grade between Lake Tahoe and Carson Valley closed indefinitely
- Lake Tahoe Basin under air quality alert, dense smoke advisory as fire rages near Yosemite