Lake Tahoe weather: Winter storm possible this weekend
October 30, 2017
The start of November will bring winter weather to Lake Tahoe.
A winter storm is forecast to move into northern California and northern Nevada by Friday, according to a special statement from the National Weather Service.
The storm, which follows a streak of sunny days with warm temperatures, could impact travel in the northern Sierra Nevada over the weekend. Gusts of wind could further complicate travel.
— NWS Reno (@NWSReno) October 28, 2017
Recommended Stories For You
High temperatures in South Lake Tahoe will range in the mid to high 50s through most of this week.
Western Nevada could see windy conditions and periods of rain and snow. Snow levels could fall below 5,500 feet by the end of the weekend, with some accumulation possible.
NWS recommends completing winterizing projects this week. If you are planning on traveling in the Sierra this weekend, have a winter kit including tire chains, water and food.
Trending In: Main Carousel
- Minden woman dies after rescue from Upper Truckee River in South Lake Tahoe
- Celebration of life for Minden woman who died after falling into Upper Truckee River
- Lake Tahoe weather: Lake wind advisory in effect today, snow still in forecast
- Authorities ID armed man killed in deputy-involved shooting near Lake Tahoe
- Need to get in or out of South Lake Tahoe? Here are the open routes
- Authorities recover body from 1,062 feet in Lake Tahoe (updated)
- What lies in the depths of Lake Tahoe’s waters? (video)
- El Dorado County supervisor candidates find some common ground on VHR regulations
- Referendum backers submit signatures; South Lake Tahoe marijuana regulations delayed (updated)
- Human skull found in Truckee off Highway 89