Mount Rose to open for 2017-18 season today
November 7, 2017
Mount Rose Ski Tahoe will open for the 2017-18 winter season today, making it the first resort in the Lake Tahoe area to open for the season.
The Wizard chairlift will open from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., and operate seven days a week. Additional trails will open as weather permits.
“Thanks to this past weekend’s winter weather and the return of cold overnight temperatures, our snowmaking team has been able to make snow at every opportunity,” said Mike Pierce, director of marketing for Mount Rose Ski Tahoe.
The restaurants in the Main Lodge will also be open for the season starting Tuesday.
Trending In: Main Carousel
- Minden woman dies after rescue from Upper Truckee River in South Lake Tahoe
- Celebration of life for Minden woman who died after falling into Upper Truckee River
- Lake Tahoe weather: Lake wind advisory in effect today, snow still in forecast
- Authorities ID armed man killed in deputy-involved shooting near Lake Tahoe
- Need to get in or out of South Lake Tahoe? Here are the open routes
- Authorities recover body from 1,062 feet in Lake Tahoe (updated)
- What lies in the depths of Lake Tahoe’s waters? (video)
- El Dorado County supervisor candidates find some common ground on VHR regulations
- Referendum backers submit signatures; South Lake Tahoe marijuana regulations delayed (updated)
- Human skull found in Truckee off Highway 89