Mount Rose to open for 2017-18 season today
November 7, 2017
Mount Rose Ski Tahoe will open for the 2017-18 winter season today, making it the first resort in the Lake Tahoe area to open for the season.
The Wizard chairlift will open from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., and operate seven days a week. Additional trails will open as weather permits.
“Thanks to this past weekend’s winter weather and the return of cold overnight temperatures, our snowmaking team has been able to make snow at every opportunity,” said Mike Pierce, director of marketing for Mount Rose Ski Tahoe.
The restaurants in the Main Lodge will also be open for the season starting Tuesday.
Trending In: Main Carousel
- Need to get in or out of South Lake Tahoe? Here are the open routes
- Update: No time estimate for reopening US 50 at Cave Rock east of Lake Tahoe
- U.S. 50 still closed near Cave Rock; Kingsbury Grade open; mudslide shuts down U.S. 50 in Pollock Pines
- Update: US 50 reopens at Echo Summit following brief closure for avalanche control
- Kingsbury Grade between Lake Tahoe and Carson Valley closed indefinitely
- Lake Tahoe roads: Slide causes traffic hold on US 50; I-80 and Mt Rose Highway closed (updated)
- Lake Tahoe roads: I-80 closed, chain requirements in effect on highways (updated)
- Winter storm warning remains in effect at Lake Tahoe; 2 more feet of snow possible
- Lake Tahoe roads: Chain requirements in effect (updated)
- Lake Tahoe ski resorts receive nearly 3 feet of snow in 24 hours