Tahoe Seasons Resort evacuated after smoke fills third floor
November 14, 2017
Guests at Tahoe Seasons Resort got a brief scare Tuesday when a reported electrical fire lead to an evacuation.
South Lake Tahoe Fire Rescue (SLTFR) received a report of smoke on the third floor of the building, which is located near the Heavenly California Lodge in South Lake Tahoe.
Shortly after crews arrived on scene at 1:36 p.m., they discovered that a burnt fan had sent smoke throughout the floor, SLTFR Battalion Chief Jim Drennan told the Tribune. The fire was quickly extinguished.
Guests will be allowed to re-enter the building soon, Drennan added.
Trending In: Main Carousel
- Need to get in or out of South Lake Tahoe? Here are the open routes
- Update: No time estimate for reopening US 50 at Cave Rock east of Lake Tahoe
- U.S. 50 still closed near Cave Rock; Kingsbury Grade open; mudslide shuts down U.S. 50 in Pollock Pines
- Update: US 50 reopens at Echo Summit following brief closure for avalanche control
- Kingsbury Grade between Lake Tahoe and Carson Valley closed indefinitely
- Lake Tahoe roads: Slide causes traffic hold on US 50; I-80 and Mt Rose Highway closed (updated)
- Lake Tahoe roads: I-80 closed, chain requirements in effect on highways (updated)
- Winter storm warning remains in effect at Lake Tahoe; 2 more feet of snow possible
- Lake Tahoe roads: Chain requirements in effect (updated)
- California Highway Patrol: Travel to Lake Tahoe is not recommended