Tahoe Seasons Resort evacuated after smoke fills third floor
November 14, 2017
Guests at Tahoe Seasons Resort got a brief scare Tuesday when a reported electrical fire lead to an evacuation.
South Lake Tahoe Fire Rescue (SLTFR) received a report of smoke on the third floor of the building, which is located near the Heavenly California Lodge in South Lake Tahoe.
Shortly after crews arrived on scene at 1:36 p.m., they discovered that a burnt fan had sent smoke throughout the floor, SLTFR Battalion Chief Jim Drennan told the Tribune. The fire was quickly extinguished.
Guests will be allowed to re-enter the building soon, Drennan added.
Trending In: Main Carousel
- Lake Tahoe weather: Winter-like conditions and snow returning to Sierra
- Lake Tahoe Basin under air quality alert, dense smoke advisory as fire rages near Yosemite
- Mariposa County fire in California threatens 1,500 structures near Yosemite
- Need to get in or out of South Lake Tahoe? Here are the open routes
- Sale of Chateau at the Village in South Lake Tahoe closes for $42.5M
- Contractor damaged land in Emerald Bay; former employee considering lawsuit
- Lake Tahoe love story: Couple who met and reconnected in Tahoe to wed today
- Red White and Tahoe Blue organizers optimistic about salvaging July 4 fireworks in Incline Village after county denies permit
- Former Scripps/Howard estate on Lake Tahoe East Shore hits market for $35 million (video)
- Harrah’s and Harveys Lake Tahoe start paid parking for special events, holidays