Tahoe Seasons Resort evacuated after smoke fills third floor
November 14, 2017
Guests at Tahoe Seasons Resort got a brief scare Tuesday when a reported electrical fire lead to an evacuation.
South Lake Tahoe Fire Rescue (SLTFR) received a report of smoke on the third floor of the building, which is located near the Heavenly California Lodge in South Lake Tahoe.
Shortly after crews arrived on scene at 1:36 p.m., they discovered that a burnt fan had sent smoke throughout the floor, SLTFR Battalion Chief Jim Drennan told the Tribune. The fire was quickly extinguished.
Guests will be allowed to re-enter the building soon, Drennan added.
Trending In: Main Carousel
- Need to get in or out of South Lake Tahoe? Here are the open routes
- UPDATE: Explosives-related incident kills Squaw Valley ski patroller
- Gas explosion at Kirkwood Mountain
- Lake Tahoe weather: Snow, rain in forecast after 7 inches of snow recorded in high country
- Lake Tahoe weather: Winter-like conditions and snow returning to Sierra
- Lake Tahoe weather: Another winter storm could bring several feet of snow in Sierra high country
- El Dorado County Sheriff’s Office IDs bodies recovered from Fallen Leaf Lake
- Update: No sign of missing Bear Valley skier
- Couple to get $2.5M after police called abduction by Lake Tahoe lawyer a hoax
- Bagel shop opens inside Blue Angel Café in South Lake Tahoe