Eldorado National Forest fire update: Table Fire at 95 percent containment
October 18, 2017
Firefighters are nearing 100 percent containment on the Table Fire in the Eldorado National Forest.
Containment of the 426-acre Table Fire is at 95 percent, according to the most recent incident report update. Full containment could be reached Wednesday evening.
Crews will continue to mop up the fire’s perimeter and rehab fire lines. A total of 39 personnel are working on the fire.
The Table Fire is burning in a remote area of the forest about 3 miles northeast of Ice House Reservoir. It was first reported on Sept. 8 but did not become active until Oct. 8.
Elsewhere in the forest, firefighters have completely contained the 29-acre Ice Fire burning 2 miles west of the intersection of Ice House and White Meadows roads. The cause is still under investigation.
Trending In: Main Carousel
- Second open records case heads to Nevada Supreme Court
- South Lake Tahoe restaurants donating proceeds to fire, hurricane victims
- Tahoe Seasons Resort evacuated after smoke fills third floor
- Kingsbury Grade between Lake Tahoe and Carson Valley closed indefinitely
- Lake Tahoe Basin under air quality alert, dense smoke advisory as fire rages near Yosemite
- ELECTION UPDATE: South Lake Tahoe’s Measure T passing by 58 votes
- Whole Foods, Chase Bank sites for sale in South Lake Tahoe
- Election impacts on Lake Tahoe real estate
- What’s new for the 2018-19 ski season at Lake Tahoe’s downhill resorts
- Lake Tahoe weather: Northern California wildfires could impact air quality in region