Eldorado National Forest fire update: Table Fire at 95 percent containment
October 18, 2017
Firefighters are nearing 100 percent containment on the Table Fire in the Eldorado National Forest.
Containment of the 426-acre Table Fire is at 95 percent, according to the most recent incident report update. Full containment could be reached Wednesday evening.
Crews will continue to mop up the fire’s perimeter and rehab fire lines. A total of 39 personnel are working on the fire.
The Table Fire is burning in a remote area of the forest about 3 miles northeast of Ice House Reservoir. It was first reported on Sept. 8 but did not become active until Oct. 8.
Elsewhere in the forest, firefighters have completely contained the 29-acre Ice Fire burning 2 miles west of the intersection of Ice House and White Meadows roads. The cause is still under investigation.
Trending In: Main Carousel
- Need to get in or out of South Lake Tahoe? Here are the open routes
- Sale of Chateau at the Village in South Lake Tahoe closes for $42.5M
- US 50 open around Lake Tahoe in California and Nevada
- Tahoe Seasons Resort evacuated after smoke fills third floor
- Tahoe ski resorts update: Heavenly Mountain shooting for 10 a.m. limited opening
- Lake Tahoe weather: Moderate snow to start Tuesday; storms could bring over 3 feet
- UPDATE: Chain requirements in effect on most Lake Tahoe area highways
- Sierra Avalanche Center issues backcountry avalanche watch for Lake Tahoe region
- UPDATE: Douglas County homicides determined not related to El Dorado case
- Blizzard warning issued for Lake Tahoe high country