Update on Eldorado National Forest fires: Table Fire at 85 percent containment
October 17, 2017
Crews continue to make progress on several wildfires burning in the Eldorado National Forest.
Containment of the 426-acre Table Fire is at 85 percent, according to the most recent incident report update. A previous estimate pegged the fire at 465 acres but that was reduced after GPS mapping.
Crews will continue to mop up the fire’s perimeter and rehab lines Tuesday and could reach full containment by 6 p.m. The Table Fire is burning in a remote area of the forest about 3 miles northeast of Ice House Reservoir. It was first reported on Sept. 8 but did not become active until Oct. 8.
Elsewhere in the forest, firefighters have completely contained the 29-acre Ice Fire burning 2 miles west of the intersection of Ice House and White Meadows roads. The cause is still under investigation.
TABLE FIRE 85% ctd. 426 acres (GPS mapping). Mop up and rehab of lines. Transition to Type 4 local org. Tue. at 8 am. Update only in PM now.
— EldoradoNF (@EldoradoNF) October 17, 2017
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Main Carousel
- Second open records case heads to Nevada Supreme Court
- South Lake Tahoe restaurants donating proceeds to fire, hurricane victims
- Tahoe Seasons Resort evacuated after smoke fills third floor
- Kingsbury Grade between Lake Tahoe and Carson Valley closed indefinitely
- Need to get in or out of South Lake Tahoe? Here are the open routes