3.9 magnitude earthquake hits Douglas County, felt in South Lake Tahoe
June 6, 2017
The United States Geological Survey reports a 3.9 earthquake hit about 12 miles south of the Gardnerville Ranchos at 3:45 p.m. Tuesday.
The quake was felt throughout Douglas County any beyond. Some in South Lake Tahoe reported feeling a jolt.
No injuries or damage were reported. However, sheriff's deputies and fire crews are busy responding to multiple wildfires in the county Tuesday.
Trending In: Main Headline
- Harrah’s, Harveys Lake Tahoe to charge for holiday, special event parking
- Ice Cube performing at Lake Tahoe Hard Rock Hotel and Casino
- Man drowns at Sand Harbor in North Lake Tahoe
- UPDATE: Lake Tahoe barge fire followed smaller fire after fireworks (video)
- Lake Tahoe waterfront estate sets Incline Village sales record