Authorities investigating Kings Beach homicide on Tahoe’s North Shore
November 5, 2017
The Placer County Sheriff’s Office is investigating a homicide that occurred Saturday afternoon in Kings Beach on Lake Tahoe’s North Shore.
Law enforcement received a report of gunshots in the 8400 block of Trout Avenue around 4 p.m. Saturday, according to a Facebook post by the Placer County Sheriff’s Office.
Deputies discovered a man and woman who had each suffered fatal gunshot wounds. Further investigation revealed that the neighbors were in a dispute.
Authorities are investigating the case as a homicide and there are no outstanding suspects. The sheriff’s office is withholding the names of the deceased until family members are notified.
The investigation is ongoing, the sheriff’s office says.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Main Headline
- Family: Pastor found unresponsive at Lake Tahoe ski resort died from heart attack
- UPDATE: Chain requirements lifted on US 50, Interstate 80
- Highway 89 reopens at Emerald Bay
- Douglas County Lake Tahoe Sewer Authority meets for first time
- Former Lake Tahoe Humane Society director arrested in Tennessee after embezzlement charge
- Weather service: ‘Life threatening’ conditions persist at Lake Tahoe
- Reno double homicide similar to Douglas County killings
- 2 ½ feet of snow in 2 days at Lake Tahoe ski resorts
- UPDATE: Chain requirements in effect on most Lake Tahoe area highways
- Lake Tahoe weather: Slight chance of flurries Friday; storm possible Sunday