Average US gas price drops 3 cents to $2.51 for regular
December 18, 2017
CAMARILLO, Calif. — The average price of a gallon of regular-grade gasoline dropped 3 cents nationally over the past two weeks to $2.51.
Industry analyst Trilby Lundberg of the Lundberg Survey said Sunday that further declines are likely because U.S. gas supplies are flush.
The current gas price is 25 cents above where it was a year ago.
Gas in San Francisco was the highest in the contiguous United States at an average of $3.22 a gallon. The lowest was in Jackson, Mississippi, at $2.14 a gallon.
The U.S. average diesel price is $2.88, holding steady from two weeks ago.
Trending In: Main Headline
- Body recovered from Lake Tahoe believed to be University of Nevada, Reno football player Marc Ma
- Suspect arrested in fatal hit-and-run in South Lake Tahoe
- Highway 28 reopens after single-vehicle crash on Lake Tahoe’s East Shore
- California resident drowns in Lake Tahoe
- Grinding, paving work on Highway 89 from Squaw Valley to Truckee
- What lies in the depths of Lake Tahoe’s waters? (video)
- Authorities recover body from 1,062 feet in Lake Tahoe (updated)
- Human skull found in Truckee off Highway 89
- Blue Granite Climbing Gym open for business in South Lake Tahoe
- Referendum backers submit signatures; South Lake Tahoe marijuana regulations delayed (updated)