Average US gas price drops 3 cents to $2.51 for regular
December 18, 2017
CAMARILLO, Calif. — The average price of a gallon of regular-grade gasoline dropped 3 cents nationally over the past two weeks to $2.51.
Industry analyst Trilby Lundberg of the Lundberg Survey said Sunday that further declines are likely because U.S. gas supplies are flush.
The current gas price is 25 cents above where it was a year ago.
Gas in San Francisco was the highest in the contiguous United States at an average of $3.22 a gallon. The lowest was in Jackson, Mississippi, at $2.14 a gallon.
The U.S. average diesel price is $2.88, holding steady from two weeks ago.
Trending In: Main Headline
- Groundbreaking set for future Whole Foods location in South Lake Tahoe
- Update: Charter Communications services restored in South Lake Tahoe
- 14,000 fight California fires, some from prisons or overseas
- UPDATE: Chain requirements lifted on US 50, Interstate 80
- Douglas County Lake Tahoe Sewer Authority meets for first time
- ELECTION UPDATE: South Lake Tahoe’s Measure T passing by 58 votes
- Tahoe Regional Planning Agency approves US 50 South Shore Community Revitalization Project
- Tahoe Keys Marina vows legal action after City Council rejects land swap appeal
- South Lake Tahoe man jailed after allegedly selling pot to minors
- ELECTION UPDATE: Measure T’s lead falls to 47 votes in South Lake Tahoe