Body recovered from Lake Tahoe believed to be University of Nevada, Reno football player Marc Ma
August 1, 2017
Authorities recovered a body from the west end of Lake Tahoe that they believe is that of University of Nevada, Reno football player Marc Ma.
Ma, 20, was presumed to have drowned while paddle boarding with a group of athletes from UNR on June 10, 2016.
Shortly after the group entered the water the wind picked up, which created tough conditions for the athletes. Ma's friends were rescued by a boat crew from a nearby marina, but he was not located. He was not wearing a personal flotation device at the time of the incident.
— Placer Sheriff (@PlacerSheriff) July 31, 2017
Recommended Stories For You
"This past weekend, Ma's family hired private contractor "Bruce's Legacy," which is equipped with a specialized robotic camera system," the Placer County Sheriff's Office said in a statement released on Twitter.
"At 1:05 p.m. today (Monday, July 31), the camera spotted a body today in 240-feet of water. The body was recovered close to the West Shore Cafe area where he was last seen. He was brought to shore with assistance from the Placer County Sheriff's Office and the U.S. Coast Guard."
Trending In: Main Headline
- South Lake Tahoe police arrest suspect in possible child sexual assault
- Guest column: VHR ballot initiatives bad for South Lake Tahoe (opinion)
- Guest column: Facts behind South Lake Tahoe VHR initiative (opinion)
- South Lake Tahoe City Council asks for report on VHR initiative
- Summer is here: Tips for spending the season in Tahoe