Body recovered from Lake Tahoe believed to be University of Nevada, Reno football player Marc Ma
August 1, 2017
Authorities recovered a body from the west end of Lake Tahoe that they believe is that of University of Nevada, Reno football player Marc Ma.
Ma, 20, was presumed to have drowned while paddle boarding with a group of athletes from UNR on June 10, 2016.
Shortly after the group entered the water the wind picked up, which created tough conditions for the athletes. Ma's friends were rescued by a boat crew from a nearby marina, but he was not located. He was not wearing a personal flotation device at the time of the incident.
— Placer Sheriff (@PlacerSheriff) July 31, 2017
Recommended Stories For You
"This past weekend, Ma's family hired private contractor "Bruce's Legacy," which is equipped with a specialized robotic camera system," the Placer County Sheriff's Office said in a statement released on Twitter.
"At 1:05 p.m. today (Monday, July 31), the camera spotted a body today in 240-feet of water. The body was recovered close to the West Shore Cafe area where he was last seen. He was brought to shore with assistance from the Placer County Sheriff's Office and the U.S. Coast Guard."
Trending In: Main Headline
- Friends, family remembering Heavenly Mountain Resort ski patroller missing in Mount Rainier National Park
- Man drowns at Sand Harbor in North Lake Tahoe
- Police: Naked man attempted to steal BMW in South Lake Tahoe
- Lake Tahoe estate hits market for $75 million, highest listing price at Tahoe (video)
- Sass elected new mayor; South Lake Tahoe city councilmembers sworn in
- Lake Tahoe weather: Another winter storm could bring several feet of snow in Sierra high country
- El Dorado County Sheriff’s Office IDs bodies recovered from Fallen Leaf Lake
- Update: No sign of missing Bear Valley skier
- Couple to get $2.5M after police called abduction by Lake Tahoe lawyer a hoax
- Bagel shop opens inside Blue Angel Café in South Lake Tahoe