UPDATE: Pollock Pines man’s body found after falling into water pipe
January 23, 2018
RENO, Nev. — California authorities have located the body of a man who fell into a conduit pipe that carries water to a treatment plant southwest of Lake Tahoe.
KRNV-TV in Reno reports police have identified the man as 34-year-old Tory Robert Mayes of Pollock Pines, California.
The El Dorado County Sheriff’s Office was working Tuesday afternoon to recover his body from the El Dorado Irrigation District’s untreated water conduit in Pollock Pines.
The utility posted a notice on its website Monday evening that said a man fell in near Sly Park Dam south of Pollock Pines.
District General Manager Jim Abercrombie said the district’s thoughts and prayers are with Mayes’ family.
He says there never was an issue with the safety of the drinking water during this incident.
Recommended Stories For You
ORIGINAL POST: California man goes missing after falling into water pipe
RENO, Nev. — Authorities are asking for help in locating a Northern California man who went missing after falling into an irrigation pipe southwest of Lake Tahoe.
KTVN-TV reports Tory Robert Mayes has been missing since Monday after the El Dorado County Sheriff’s Office says he fell into a pipe that carries raw water from Jenkinson Lake to a water treatment plant in the Pollock Pines community.
Authorities say they believe the Pollock Pines resident fell through an air vent of the El Dorado Irrigation District’s conduit pipe. Deputies searched the area but have been unable to find the man.
Authorities say the irrigation district immediately started reducing water flow to the plant while authorities searched for Mayes. Water officials have since resumed operations at the plant.
Trending In: Main Headline
- California resident drowns in Lake Tahoe
- Harrah’s, Harveys Lake Tahoe to charge for holiday, special event parking
- Former Lake Tahoe Humane Society director arrested in Tennessee after embezzlement charge
- Groundbreaking set for future Whole Foods location in South Lake Tahoe
- PHOTOS: Country star Chris Stapleton plays Lake Tahoe
- El Dorado sheriff deputy shoots into car to free trapped bear in South Lake Tahoe (video)
- Historic Lake Tahoe home sells for $10 million
- Lake Tahoe Community College opens Lisa Maloff University Center
- Truck over side of Kingsbury Grade results in discovery of 2nd wreck
- Fight against Lake Tahoe’s invasive species goes to the mat