California resident drowns in Lake Tahoe
August 6, 2018
Authorities have located the body of a California man who jumped from a boat into Lake Tahoe Saturday and never resurfaced.
Police were initially dispatched to an area off the shore in Stateline at 11:58 a.m. Saturday, according to the South Lake Tahoe Police Department. A 21-year-old man had reportedly jumped off a boat near the beach and did not resurface.
After several hours of searching officers suspended the search due to unsafe conditions.
Various agencies returned at 8 a.m. Sunday to continue the search. After several hours, a cadaver dog aboard one of the search boats helped pinpoint a location where dive teams located the man’s body.
Law enforcement is withholding the man’s name until next of kin is notified.
The search involved specialized resources, including 11 search and rescue divers.
Recommended Stories For You
Responding agencies included the El Dorado County Sheriff's Department, Washoe County Sheriff's Department, South Lake Tahoe Fire Rescue, Douglas County Sheriff's Department, Tahoe Douglas Fire Protection District and the U.S. Coast Guard.
Trending In: Main Headline
- Truck over side of Kingsbury Grade results in discovery of 2nd wreck
- Smoke free? Clear, sunny conditions in forecast for Lake Tahoe region
- New fitness center Gym Love opens in South Lake Tahoe
- Swimmer rescued after leg becomes stuck between boulders at Lake Tahoe
- South Lake Tahoe clears out homeless camps near Upper Truckee River