California resident drowns in Lake Tahoe
August 6, 2018
Authorities have located the body of a California man who jumped from a boat into Lake Tahoe Saturday and never resurfaced.
Police were initially dispatched to an area off the shore in Stateline at 11:58 a.m. Saturday, according to the South Lake Tahoe Police Department. A 21-year-old man had reportedly jumped off a boat near the beach and did not resurface.
After several hours of searching officers suspended the search due to unsafe conditions.
Various agencies returned at 8 a.m. Sunday to continue the search. After several hours, a cadaver dog aboard one of the search boats helped pinpoint a location where dive teams located the man’s body.
Law enforcement is withholding the man’s name until next of kin is notified.
The search involved specialized resources, including 11 search and rescue divers.
Recommended Stories For You
Responding agencies included the El Dorado County Sheriff's Department, Washoe County Sheriff's Department, South Lake Tahoe Fire Rescue, Douglas County Sheriff's Department, Tahoe Douglas Fire Protection District and the U.S. Coast Guard.
Trending In: Main Headline
- Day 8 of Tahoe Daily Tribune’s 12 Days of Giveaways: Designer sweater from Sidestreet Boutique
- Lake Tahoe waterfront estate sets Incline Village sales record
- Bear finds garbage gold mine in Tahoe Keys truck
- Cal Neva Resort & Casino sale in jeopardy
- Day 10 of Tahoe Daily Tribune’s 12 Days of Giveaways: Sunset champagne cruise aboard the Safari Rose
- Realtor group vows to stay involved, looks ‘forward to continued discussion’ following passage of Measure T
- Lake Tahoe weather: Sunny conditions through weekend, snow possible next week
- TMZ: Tom Cruise in South Lake Tahoe to film scenes for ‘Top Gun’ sequel
- Kirkwood Mountain to open backside, Heavenly Mountain to open California side Saturday
- FINAL ELECTION RESULTS: Measure T passes in South Lake Tahoe