California unemployment rate fell to 4.3 percent in December
January 19, 2018
The state Employment Development Department says that’s a new record low in records dating back to 1976, surpassing the record low of 4.6 percent set in November.
In December 2016, the state’s unemployment rate was 5.2 percent.
The department says that last month’s largest jobs increase was in the government sector, followed by leisure and hospitality.
Seven other industry sectors also posted gains, while decreases occurred in trade, transportation, utilities, mining and logging.
Trending In: Main Headline
- Lake Tahoe roads: Slide causes traffic hold on US 50; I-80 and Mt Rose Highway closed (updated)
- Lake Tahoe roads: I-80 closed, chain requirements in effect on highways (updated)
- Winter storm warning remains in effect at Lake Tahoe; 2 more feet of snow possible
- Lake Tahoe roads: Chain requirements in effect (updated)
- Lake Tahoe ski resorts receive nearly 3 feet of snow in 24 hours