Contractor strikes waterline, temporarily leaves customers without water pressure
October 16, 2017
Some water customers in South Lake Tahoe were left with either no or very low water pressure Monday morning after a contractor struck a waterline.
The 14-inch line was struck at Cedar Avenue and La Salle Street near Stateline, according to a press release from South Tahoe Public Utility District. The impacts were felt from the Stateline area to the west end of Pioneer Trail.
STUPD crews responded and had water service restored by 10:15 am.
Trending In: Main Headline
- Family: Pastor found unresponsive at Lake Tahoe ski resort died from heart attack
- UPDATE: Refrigeration units working again at South Lake Tahoe Safeway
- Brothel owner: Bunny Ranch looking into sex-bots
- Highway 89 reopens at Emerald Bay
- Body recovered from Lake Tahoe believed to be University of Nevada, Reno football player Marc Ma
- Reno double homicide similar to Douglas County killings
- Lake Tahoe weather: Winter storm could bring over 1 foot of snow to higher elevations
- Man arrested Saturday believed to be perpetrator in Douglas County, Reno homicides
- UPDATE: Chain requirements in effect on Lake Tahoe highways
- Lake Tahoe weather: Slight chance of flurries Friday; storm possible Sunday