Contractor strikes waterline, temporarily leaves customers without water pressure
October 16, 2017
Some water customers in South Lake Tahoe were left with either no or very low water pressure Monday morning after a contractor struck a waterline.
The 14-inch line was struck at Cedar Avenue and La Salle Street near Stateline, according to a press release from South Tahoe Public Utility District. The impacts were felt from the Stateline area to the west end of Pioneer Trail.
STUPD crews responded and had water service restored by 10:15 am.
Trending In: Main Headline
- Body recovered from Lake Tahoe believed to be University of Nevada, Reno football player Marc Ma
- California resident drowns in Lake Tahoe
- Burning Man organizers want end to stops of festival-goers
- UPDATE: Dutch Fire contained, no more evacuations in Alpine County near Woodsford
- False alarm draws police to South Lake Tahoe Wells Fargo at the Y
- Authorities recover body from 1,062 feet in Lake Tahoe (updated)
- What lies in the depths of Lake Tahoe’s waters? (video)
- El Dorado County supervisor candidates find some common ground on VHR regulations
- Referendum backers submit signatures; South Lake Tahoe marijuana regulations delayed (updated)
- Human skull found in Truckee off Highway 89