Crash closes westbound US 50 in South Lake Tahoe
October 26, 2017
Westbound traffic is being diverted from U.S. 50 to Harrison Avenue in South Lake Tahoe as crews cleanup a crash.
The wreck occurred at U.S. 50 and Los Angeles Avenue in Midtown. No medical transports were needed, according to an official at the scene. However, the occupants of one vehicle, a green sedan, fled the scene.
Police are actively searching for them.
The drive of the other vehicle, a green pickup truck, was able to drive his damaged vehicle onto a side street.
Trending In: Main Headline
- Family: Pastor found unresponsive at Lake Tahoe ski resort died from heart attack
- UPDATE: Chain requirements lifted on US 50, Interstate 80
- Highway 89 reopens at Emerald Bay
- Douglas County Lake Tahoe Sewer Authority meets for first time
- Former Lake Tahoe Humane Society director arrested in Tennessee after embezzlement charge
- Weather service: ‘Life threatening’ conditions persist at Lake Tahoe
- 2 ½ feet of snow in 2 days at Lake Tahoe ski resorts
- UPDATE: Chain requirements in effect on most Lake Tahoe area highways
- Lake Tahoe weather: Slight chance of flurries Friday; storm possible Sunday
- Reno double homicide similar to Douglas County killings