UPDATE: Dutch Fire contained, no more evacuations in Alpine County near Woodsford
August 3, 2018
UPDATE: 3 p.m. Friday
According to the US Forest Service the blaze burned 205 acres before being contained. No cause has been determined, according to KOLO.
ORIGINAL POST: Dutch Valley Fire burning near Woodfords in Alpine County
Residents have evacuated the Washoe Tribe's Hung a Lel Ti Community in Woodfords due to a 244-acre fire burning in the vicinity.
The Dutch Valley Fire was reported at 1:01 a.m. and is burning in grass and juniper, according to the Sierra Front Interagency Dispatch.
Recommended Stories For You
An evacuation center has been established at the Diamond Valley School Gymnasium at 35 Hawkside Drive, according to Alpine County. There is currently no ETA on when the evacuation orders will be lifted.
Trending In: Main Headline
- Lake Tahoe roads: Slide causes traffic hold on US 50; I-80 and Mt Rose Highway closed (updated)
- Lake Tahoe roads: I-80 closed, chain requirements in effect on highways (updated)
- Lake Tahoe weather: Rain to turn to snow today; storm warning remains in effect
- Lake Tahoe ski resorts receive nearly 3 feet of snow in 24 hours
- Winter storm could bring 3 feet of snow to Lake Tahoe during Presidents Day weekend