UPDATE: Dutch Fire contained, no more evacuations in Alpine County near Woodsford
August 3, 2018
UPDATE: 3 p.m. Friday
According to the US Forest Service the blaze burned 205 acres before being contained. No cause has been determined, according to KOLO.
ORIGINAL POST: Dutch Valley Fire burning near Woodfords in Alpine County
Residents have evacuated the Washoe Tribe's Hung a Lel Ti Community in Woodfords due to a 244-acre fire burning in the vicinity.
The Dutch Valley Fire was reported at 1:01 a.m. and is burning in grass and juniper, according to the Sierra Front Interagency Dispatch.
Recommended Stories For You
An evacuation center has been established at the Diamond Valley School Gymnasium at 35 Hawkside Drive, according to Alpine County. There is currently no ETA on when the evacuation orders will be lifted.
Trending In: Main Headline
- Rain, snow in forecast for Lake Tahoe; expect Thanksgiving travel delays in northern Sierra
- ELECTION UPDATE: Measure T’s lead falls to 47 votes in South Lake Tahoe
- Rollover on US 50 near Cave Rock
- 9 Lake Tahoe restaurants serving Thanksgiving Day dinner
- Kirkwood Mountain Resort changes opening day from Wednesday to Saturday