Former Arizona Sheriff Joe Arpaio to speak in Douglas County
January 15, 2018
Former Arizona Sheriff Joe Arpaio will be the keynote speaker at the Douglas County Central Committee’s annual Lincoln-Reagan Dinner on Feb. 18.
Arpaio served as sheriff of Maricopa County, which includes Phoenix, from 1993 to 2016.
He has announced his intention to seek the Republican nomination for the U.S. Senate.
He was pardoned by President Trump in August 2017 after being convicted of criminal contempt of court the prior month.
The dinner is 5:30 p.m. at the Carson Valley Inn in Minden.
Tickets may be purchased at http://www.douglasgop.org Tickets are $75 each through Feb. 4, and $95 after that.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Main Headline
- Family: Pastor found unresponsive at Lake Tahoe ski resort died from heart attack
- Government office closures Friday at Lake Tahoe
- UPDATE: I-80 reopens west of Reno
- Friends, family remembering Heavenly Mountain Resort ski patroller missing in Mount Rainier National Park
- VIDEO: South Lake Tahoe family has close encounter with young black bear
- UPDATE: Crews find body of missing skier at Heavenly Mountain Resort
- Lake Tahoe ski resorts report more than 7 feet of snow following winter storm
- Presidential visits to Lake Tahoe
- Winter storm warning extended; more snow likely at Lake Tahoe Sunday
- Lake Tahoe roads: Chain requirements dropped on some area highways (updated)