Gardnerville man killed in head-on collision near Red Lake
October 17, 2017
A Gardnerville man is dead following a head-on collision with a semi-truck on California Route 88 Monday morning.
The wreck was first reported at 9:30 a.m. Monday at CR 88 and Red Lake Curve, according to the California Highway Patrol. The 38-year-old Gardnerville man was driving east on the highway in a Toyota Highlander, while the semi-truck, which was pulling a 40-foot trailer, was heading west.
For reasons that remain unknown, the Gardnerville man crossed into the westbound lane and crashed into the front of the semi-truck. The driver was uninjured.
Traffic was blocked in both directions, temporarily closing the highway Monday morning. CHP is investigating the cause of the crash.
Trending In: Main Headline
- Body recovered from Lake Tahoe believed to be University of Nevada, Reno football player Marc Ma
- Suspect arrested in fatal hit-and-run in South Lake Tahoe
- Douglas County Lake Tahoe Sewer Authority meets for first time
- Grinding, paving work on Highway 89 from Squaw Valley to Truckee
- Highway 28 reopens after single-vehicle crash on Lake Tahoe’s East Shore