Gardnerville man killed in head-on collision near Red Lake
October 17, 2017
A Gardnerville man is dead following a head-on collision with a semi-truck on California Route 88 Monday morning.
The wreck was first reported at 9:30 a.m. Monday at CR 88 and Red Lake Curve, according to the California Highway Patrol. The 38-year-old Gardnerville man was driving east on the highway in a Toyota Highlander, while the semi-truck, which was pulling a 40-foot trailer, was heading west.
For reasons that remain unknown, the Gardnerville man crossed into the westbound lane and crashed into the front of the semi-truck. The driver was uninjured.
Traffic was blocked in both directions, temporarily closing the highway Monday morning. CHP is investigating the cause of the crash.
Trending In: Main Headline
- Family: Pastor found unresponsive at Lake Tahoe ski resort died from heart attack
- UPDATE: Chain requirements lifted on US 50, Interstate 80
- Highway 89 reopens at Emerald Bay
- Douglas County Lake Tahoe Sewer Authority meets for first time
- Former Lake Tahoe Humane Society director arrested in Tennessee after embezzlement charge
- Weather service: ‘Life threatening’ conditions persist at Lake Tahoe
- 2 ½ feet of snow in 2 days at Lake Tahoe ski resorts
- UPDATE: Chain requirements in effect on most Lake Tahoe area highways
- Lake Tahoe weather: Slight chance of flurries Friday; storm possible Sunday
- Reno double homicide similar to Douglas County killings