Gardnerville man killed in head-on collision near Red Lake
October 17, 2017
A Gardnerville man is dead following a head-on collision with a semi-truck on California Route 88 Monday morning.
The wreck was first reported at 9:30 a.m. Monday at CR 88 and Red Lake Curve, according to the California Highway Patrol. The 38-year-old Gardnerville man was driving east on the highway in a Toyota Highlander, while the semi-truck, which was pulling a 40-foot trailer, was heading west.
For reasons that remain unknown, the Gardnerville man crossed into the westbound lane and crashed into the front of the semi-truck. The driver was uninjured.
Traffic was blocked in both directions, temporarily closing the highway Monday morning. CHP is investigating the cause of the crash.
Trending In: Main Headline
- Douglas County Lake Tahoe Sewer Authority meets for first time
- Former Lake Tahoe Humane Society director arrested in Tennessee after embezzlement charge
- Inquietud surge en la comunidad inmigrante de Lake Tahoe
- Carson City woman suspected of DUI in fatal US 50 crash at Lake Tahoe
- Ferguson Fire in Yosemite filling Lake Tahoe Basin with smoke
- Whole Foods, Chase Bank sites for sale in South Lake Tahoe
- ELECTION UPDATE: South Lake Tahoe’s Measure T passing by 58 votes
- Election impacts on Lake Tahoe real estate
- What’s new for the 2018-19 ski season at Lake Tahoe’s downhill resorts
- Lake Tahoe weather: Northern California wildfires could impact air quality in region