High School alpine state championships postponed until next week
February 26, 2019
The Nevada Interscholastic Activities Association Alpine State Championships scheduled for this week in Lake Tahoe have been postponed due to weather.
They will take place on the same days next week, weather permitting.
The slalom races will take place Tuesday, March 5, at Sierra-at-Tahoe and the giant slalom races the following day at Kirkwood.
They are two separate events and each race on both days will have individual and team champions crowned.
The South Tahoe High School boys' and girls' teams have each qualified to race on both days. North Tahoe and Douglas round out the top three schools for boys and North Tahoe and Truckee are the complete the girls' top three.
To qualify, each team's top five finishes during the Tahoe Basin Ski League season are added together, with the worst two results discarded.
Recommended Stories For You
Individuals must have competed in three league events to be able to compete in the state meet.
The races are expected to begin at 10 a.m. on each day.
Trending In: Main Headline
- High School alpine state championships postponed until next week
- Family: Pastor found unresponsive at Lake Tahoe ski resort died from heart attack
- Lake Tahoe waterfront estate sets Incline Village sales record
- Suspect in South Tahoe Pop Warner embezzlement case turns himself in
- Victims killed in July 4 Kingsbury Grade collision identified
- Storm could dump up to 2 feet of snow at higher elevations around Lake Tahoe
- Nevada state snowplow driver was high on meth during wreck on Mount Rose Highway
- Lake Tahoe ski resorts receive several inches of new snow
- South Lake Tahoe apartment building remains non-compliant; city could seek legal resolution
- 6 burger spots to try around Lake Tahoe