Highway 89 reopens at Emerald Bay
February 25, 2017
California Route 89 has reopened off Lake Tahoe’s South Shore near Emerald Bay, Caltrans announced Saturday afternoon.
The highway was closed Monday due to heavy snowfall. Visit the Caltrans website for current road conditions.
— Caltrans District 3 (@CaltransDist3) February 26, 2017
Working to clear 89 around Emerald Bay today but lots of work to be done. This is south of Vikingsholm. pic.twitter.com/SZffhK5TtA
Recommended Stories For You
— Caltrans District 3 (@CaltransDist3) February 24, 2017
Hwy 89 west shore at Emerald Bat closed for avalanche concerns. No ETO seek alternate route.
— Caltrans District 3 (@CaltransDist3) February 20, 2017
Trending In: Main Headline
- New rule could bring vacation rentals to Carson Valley
- Friends, family remembering Heavenly Mountain Resort ski patroller missing in Mount Rainier National Park
- Lost hiker and her dog rescued in Desolation Wilderness (video)
- Ice Cube performing at Lake Tahoe Hard Rock Hotel and Casino
- Harrah’s, Harveys Lake Tahoe to charge for holiday, special event parking
- Contractor damaged land in Emerald Bay; former employee considering lawsuit
- Lime electric scooters pose challenges for South Lake Tahoe law enforcement
- Former Scripps/Howard estate on Lake Tahoe East Shore hits market for $35 million (video)
- Lake Tahoe elected officials fight for return of Sacramento NBC affiliate KCRA
- Tahoe Tribune review: Lime scooters fun, sometimes scary, to ride