Highway 89 reopens at Emerald Bay
February 25, 2017
California Route 89 has reopened off Lake Tahoe’s South Shore near Emerald Bay, Caltrans announced Saturday afternoon.
The highway was closed Monday due to heavy snowfall. Visit the Caltrans website for current road conditions.
— Caltrans District 3 (@CaltransDist3) February 26, 2017
Working to clear 89 around Emerald Bay today but lots of work to be done. This is south of Vikingsholm. pic.twitter.com/SZffhK5TtA
Recommended Stories For You
— Caltrans District 3 (@CaltransDist3) February 24, 2017
Hwy 89 west shore at Emerald Bat closed for avalanche concerns. No ETO seek alternate route.
— Caltrans District 3 (@CaltransDist3) February 20, 2017
Trending In: Main Headline
- Body recovered from Lake Tahoe believed to be University of Nevada, Reno football player Marc Ma
- California resident drowns in Lake Tahoe
- Burning Man organizers want end to stops of festival-goers
- False alarm draws police to South Lake Tahoe Wells Fargo at the Y
- Man drowns at Sand Harbor in North Lake Tahoe
- El Dorado County supervisor candidates find some common ground on VHR regulations
- Authorities recover body from 1,062 feet in Lake Tahoe (updated)
- What lies in the depths of Lake Tahoe’s waters? (video)
- Whittell celebrates Lisa Maloff, football team crushes Smith Valley at new digs
- Referendum backers submit signatures; South Lake Tahoe marijuana regulations delayed (updated)