Highway 89 reopens at Emerald Bay
February 25, 2017
California Route 89 has reopened off Lake Tahoe’s South Shore near Emerald Bay, Caltrans announced Saturday afternoon.
The highway was closed Monday due to heavy snowfall. Visit the Caltrans website for current road conditions.
— Caltrans District 3 (@CaltransDist3) February 26, 2017
Working to clear 89 around Emerald Bay today but lots of work to be done. This is south of Vikingsholm. pic.twitter.com/SZffhK5TtA
Recommended Stories For You
— Caltrans District 3 (@CaltransDist3) February 24, 2017
Hwy 89 west shore at Emerald Bat closed for avalanche concerns. No ETO seek alternate route.
— Caltrans District 3 (@CaltransDist3) February 20, 2017
Trending In: Main Headline
- Lake Tahoe weather: Ski resorts report 1 foot of new snow; more in forecast for South Shore
- South Lake Tahoe begins drafting cannabis ordinance
- South Lake Tahoe’s Chris Cocores on mend, growing stronger from fatal car crash
- UPDATE: Two skiers rescued near Heavenly Mountain Resort
- Traditional Washoe structure destroyed in Incline Village