Lost hiker and her dog rescued in Desolation Wilderness (video)
June 7, 2018
A missing hiker and her dog were airlifted out of Desolation Wilderness after spending the night in a remote area, according to authorities.
The hiker, a Sacramento woman, was out hiking with her dog Monday in a remote part of Desolation Wilderness, the 63,960-acre, federally protected area west of Lake Tahoe.
They ultimately spent a chilly late-spring night outside Monday, according to a Facebook post by California Highway Patrol Air Operations.
The next day, El Dorado County Search and Rescue successfully located the missing duo near Forni Lake. Due to the remote location, a CHP helicopter transported the hiker and her dog to Strawberry, where El Dorado County deputies provided further assistance.
Trending In: Main Headline
- ELECTION UPDATE: South Lake Tahoe’s Measure T passing by 58 votes
- Tahoe Regional Planning Agency approves US 50 South Shore Community Revitalization Project
- ELECTION UPDATE: Measure T’s lead falls to 47 votes in South Lake Tahoe
- Tahoe Keys Marina vows legal action after City Council rejects land swap appeal
- South Lake Tahoe man jailed after allegedly selling pot to minors