Man injured, dog killed in Zephyr Cove hit-and-run Monday night
August 28, 2017
One man was injured and his dog was killed in a hit-and-run on U.S. 50 in Zephyr Cove Monday night.
First responders were on the scene in the 600 block of U.S. 50 in Nevada prior to 9 p.m. Monday. A male victim was seen being loaded into an ambulance headed for Barton Memorial Hospital.
Law enforcement did not disclose the victim's name and his condition is unknown.
A witness told the Tribune that he saw the man's dog run out into the highway. The man chased after his dog and both were struck by a black truck.
The truck proceeded to drive away from the scene. The witness spoke with the Tribune prior to speaking with law enforcement. The Tribune has not verified these details with law enforcement.
This story will be updated as more details emerge.
Trending In: Main Headline
- Day 12 of Tahoe Daily Tribune’s 12 Days of Giveaways: Dinner and a show at The Loft
- Day 11 of Tahoe Daily Tribune’s 12 Days of Giveaways: Wine basket + gift certificate to Welcome Home Shoppe
- Body recovered from Lake Tahoe believed to be University of Nevada, Reno football player Marc Ma
- Burning Man organizers want end to stops of festival-goers
- UPDATE: Chain requirements lifted on US 50, Interstate 80
- TMZ: Tom Cruise in South Lake Tahoe to film scenes for ‘Top Gun’ sequel
- Backcountry skier rescued near Mount Tallac after falling over 200 feet (video)
- Authorities investigating death of man found at Echo Summit
- Chance of rain, snow at Lake Tahoe this week
- South Lake Tahoe officers work to save dogs after 5-story fall from parking garage