Man injured, dog killed in Zephyr Cove hit-and-run Monday night
August 28, 2017
One man was injured and his dog was killed in a hit-and-run on U.S. 50 in Zephyr Cove Monday night.
First responders were on the scene in the 600 block of U.S. 50 in Nevada prior to 9 p.m. Monday. A male victim was seen being loaded into an ambulance headed for Barton Memorial Hospital.
Law enforcement did not disclose the victim's name and his condition is unknown.
A witness told the Tribune that he saw the man's dog run out into the highway. The man chased after his dog and both were struck by a black truck.
The truck proceeded to drive away from the scene. The witness spoke with the Tribune prior to speaking with law enforcement. The Tribune has not verified these details with law enforcement.
This story will be updated as more details emerge.
Trending In: Main Headline
- Friends, family remembering Heavenly Mountain Resort ski patroller missing in Mount Rainier National Park
- Lost hiker and her dog rescued in Desolation Wilderness (video)
- Harrah’s, Harveys Lake Tahoe to charge for holiday, special event parking
- Pollock Pines man identified as motorcyclist killed in crash on Spooner Summit
- UPDATE: I-80 reopens west of Reno
- Contractor damaged land in Emerald Bay; former employee considering lawsuit
- Lake Tahoe love story: Couple who met and reconnected in Tahoe to wed today
- Red White and Tahoe Blue organizers optimistic about salvaging July 4 fireworks in Incline Village after county denies permit
- Former Scripps/Howard estate on Lake Tahoe East Shore hits market for $35 million (video)
- Harrah’s and Harveys Lake Tahoe start paid parking for special events, holidays