Moderate earthquake strikes Lake Tahoe-area Thursday morning
July 26, 2018
RENO, Nev. — A moderate earthquake stuck the Lake Tahoe-area Thursday morning.
The Nevada Seismological Laboratory says the preliminary magnitude 3.5 earthquake struck Tahoe City, California just after midnight.
The U.S. Geological Survey reports more than 380 people reported feeling the shaking, including people about 50 miles (80 kilometers) away in Sparks, Nevada.
The Reno Gazette Journal reports a handful of small earthquakes were felt in the area recently.
Trending In: Main Headline
- Groundbreaking set for future Whole Foods location in South Lake Tahoe
- Body recovered from Lake Tahoe believed to be University of Nevada, Reno football player Marc Ma
- California resident drowns in Lake Tahoe
- Flood advisory for Truckee River flowing out of Lake Tahoe
- Bear finds garbage gold mine in Tahoe Keys truck
- Incline Village man accused of child abuse turns self in, vows to fight ‘false allegation’
- Bank drops attempted takeover of Bijou Shopping Center in South Lake Tahoe
- Tahoe Daily Tribune: Measure T in South Lake Tahoe? (opinion)
- Ribaudo column: On South Lake Tahoe’s Measure T (opinion)
- Leaf peeping at Lake Tahoe: Best spots to view fall foliage