Moderate earthquake strikes Lake Tahoe-area Thursday morning
July 26, 2018
RENO, Nev. — A moderate earthquake stuck the Lake Tahoe-area Thursday morning.
The Nevada Seismological Laboratory says the preliminary magnitude 3.5 earthquake struck Tahoe City, California just after midnight.
The U.S. Geological Survey reports more than 380 people reported feeling the shaking, including people about 50 miles (80 kilometers) away in Sparks, Nevada.
The Reno Gazette Journal reports a handful of small earthquakes were felt in the area recently.
Trending In: Main Headline
- Body recovered from Lake Tahoe believed to be University of Nevada, Reno football player Marc Ma
- Suspect arrested in fatal hit-and-run in South Lake Tahoe
- Douglas County Lake Tahoe Sewer Authority meets for first time
- Grinding, paving work on Highway 89 from Squaw Valley to Truckee
- Highway 28 reopens after single-vehicle crash on Lake Tahoe’s East Shore