Moderate earthquake strikes Lake Tahoe-area Thursday morning
July 26, 2018
RENO, Nev. — A moderate earthquake stuck the Lake Tahoe-area Thursday morning.
The Nevada Seismological Laboratory says the preliminary magnitude 3.5 earthquake struck Tahoe City, California just after midnight.
The U.S. Geological Survey reports more than 380 people reported feeling the shaking, including people about 50 miles (80 kilometers) away in Sparks, Nevada.
The Reno Gazette Journal reports a handful of small earthquakes were felt in the area recently.
Trending In: Main Headline
- Body of former Heavenly Mountain Resort ski patroller recovered in Mount Rainier National Park
- Brothel owner: Bunny Ranch looking into sex-bots
- UPDATE: Chain requirements lifted on US 50, Interstate 80
- Harrah’s, Harveys Lake Tahoe to charge for holiday, special event parking
- Heavenly Resort ski pass thieves admit embezzlement
- South Lake Tahoe community mourns the death of Dr. Stephen Bannar
- 6 South Lake Tahoe families searching for homes after unsafe apartment building condemned
- Authorities investigating death of man found at Echo Summit
- Winter weather advisory issued for Lake Tahoe
- TMZ: Tom Cruise in South Lake Tahoe to film scenes for ‘Top Gun’ sequel