North Tahoe, Meeks Bay fire crews respond to pair of small fires in Alpine Meadows, Sugar Pine Point State Park
July 24, 2018
Local fire crews were called to action on Tuesday afternoon to put out a pair of small fires in Alpine Meadows and Sugar Pine Point State Park.
The fires didn't cause any property or structure damage, and according to North Tahoe Fire Protection District Public Information Officer Erin Holland, have since been contained
The fire in Alpine was described by the district’s Facebook page as a “small tree fire.” During that time, crews at North Tahoe Fire and Meeks Bay Fire Protection District also responded to a small vegetation fire at Sugar Pine Point State Park.
The fires posed no threat to structures or property, according to the district, and as of 5 p.m. on Tuesday, the size and cause of the two fires hasn't been made available.
The United States Forest Service and California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection were also on hand, and remained on scene afterward.
Recommended Stories For You
The North Tahoe Fire Protection District asked the public to remain vigilant following Tuesday's fires and to report any smoke following thunderstorms.
Trending In: Main Headline
- Body recovered from Lake Tahoe believed to be University of Nevada, Reno football player Marc Ma
- California resident drowns in Lake Tahoe
- Burning Man organizers want end to stops of festival-goers
- False alarm draws police to South Lake Tahoe Wells Fargo at the Y
- Man drowns at Sand Harbor in North Lake Tahoe
- El Dorado County supervisor candidates find some common ground on VHR regulations
- Authorities recover body from 1,062 feet in Lake Tahoe (updated)
- What lies in the depths of Lake Tahoe’s waters? (video)
- Whittell celebrates Lisa Maloff, football team crushes Smith Valley at new digs
- Referendum backers submit signatures; South Lake Tahoe marijuana regulations delayed (updated)