North Tahoe, Meeks Bay fire crews respond to pair of small fires in Alpine Meadows, Sugar Pine Point State Park
July 24, 2018
Local fire crews were called to action on Tuesday afternoon to put out a pair of small fires in Alpine Meadows and Sugar Pine Point State Park.
The fires didn't cause any property or structure damage, and according to North Tahoe Fire Protection District Public Information Officer Erin Holland, have since been contained
The fire in Alpine was described by the district’s Facebook page as a “small tree fire.” During that time, crews at North Tahoe Fire and Meeks Bay Fire Protection District also responded to a small vegetation fire at Sugar Pine Point State Park.
The fires posed no threat to structures or property, according to the district, and as of 5 p.m. on Tuesday, the size and cause of the two fires hasn't been made available.
The United States Forest Service and California Department of Forestry and Fire Protection were also on hand, and remained on scene afterward.
Recommended Stories For You
The North Tahoe Fire Protection District asked the public to remain vigilant following Tuesday's fires and to report any smoke following thunderstorms.
Trending In: Main Headline
- Family: Pastor found unresponsive at Lake Tahoe ski resort died from heart attack
- UPDATE: Refrigeration units working again at South Lake Tahoe Safeway
- Brothel owner: Bunny Ranch looking into sex-bots
- Highway 89 reopens at Emerald Bay
- Body recovered from Lake Tahoe believed to be University of Nevada, Reno football player Marc Ma
- Reno double homicide similar to Douglas County killings
- Lake Tahoe weather: Winter storm could bring over 1 foot of snow to higher elevations
- Man arrested Saturday believed to be perpetrator in Douglas County, Reno homicides
- UPDATE: Chain requirements in effect on Lake Tahoe highways
- Lake Tahoe weather: Slight chance of flurries Friday; storm possible Sunday