UPDATE: Prescribed burn on Tahoe West Shore cancelled
October 29, 2017
The prescribed fire operation scheduled for Wednesday at D.L. Bliss State Park has been cancelled until further notice due to wet conditions.
ORIGINAL POST Prescribed burn planned for Tahoe West Shore
Officials with California State Parks and the Tahoe Fire Fuels team hope to start the fall prescribed fire program in the coming week.
If conditions are favorable, prescribed fire operations will take place in D.L. Bliss State Park on the southwest end of Lake Tahoe starting Wednesday, Nov. 1.
The burn was originally planned for earlier this month but it was postponed when resources had to be directed to the destructive wildfires in Northern California.
Smoke from the operation may be visible and is expected to last through the week in the Tahoe Basin.
Trending In: Main Headline
- Body recovered from Lake Tahoe believed to be University of Nevada, Reno football player Marc Ma
- Suspect arrested in fatal hit-and-run in South Lake Tahoe
- Douglas County Lake Tahoe Sewer Authority meets for first time
- Grinding, paving work on Highway 89 from Squaw Valley to Truckee
- Highway 28 reopens after single-vehicle crash on Lake Tahoe’s East Shore