UPDATE: Prescribed burn on Tahoe West Shore cancelled
October 29, 2017
The prescribed fire operation scheduled for Wednesday at D.L. Bliss State Park has been cancelled until further notice due to wet conditions.
ORIGINAL POST Prescribed burn planned for Tahoe West Shore
Officials with California State Parks and the Tahoe Fire Fuels team hope to start the fall prescribed fire program in the coming week.
If conditions are favorable, prescribed fire operations will take place in D.L. Bliss State Park on the southwest end of Lake Tahoe starting Wednesday, Nov. 1.
The burn was originally planned for earlier this month but it was postponed when resources had to be directed to the destructive wildfires in Northern California.
Smoke from the operation may be visible and is expected to last through the week in the Tahoe Basin.
Trending In: Main Headline
- Family: Pastor found unresponsive at Lake Tahoe ski resort died from heart attack
- UPDATE: Refrigeration units working again at South Lake Tahoe Safeway
- Lake Tahoe estate hits market for $75 million, highest listing price at Tahoe (video)
- Former Lake Tahoe Humane Society director arrested in Tennessee after embezzlement charge
- UPDATE: I-80 reopens west of Reno
- Lake Tahoe weather: Several feet of snow possible at Lake Tahoe this week
- Cannabis oil extraction lab causes fire, explosions at South Lake Tahoe home
- Lake Tahoe weather: Moderate snow to start Tuesday; storms could bring over 3 feet
- Opening of Renoagogo brings chain store goods to North Lake Tahoe
- Trash building up at popular Lake Tahoe sledding site