Reno high-rise gunman may have been hallucinating as he fired shots
November 30, 2017
RENO, Nev. — Police have identified the former California man who took a woman hostage and opened fire on a downtown Reno street from a high-rise condominium before a SWAT team killed him.
Police say the investigation continues to suggest 30-year-old Lucas Stone of Reno may have been hallucinating Tuesday when he fired shots from an eighth floor condominium near the main casino drag. No one else was hurt.
The Washoe County medical examiner identified Stone but has released no other details about his death.
The Reno Gazette-Journal reports he moved from Sacramento to a Reno apartment within the past year and recently divorced.
Sparks Police Lt. Michael Keating said Wednesday that investigators believe Stone acted alone.
He says preliminary findings suggest he was shooting at subjects that didn’t exist.
Trending In: Main Headline
- Lake Tahoe roads: Slide causes traffic hold on US 50; I-80 and Mt Rose Highway closed (updated)
- Lake Tahoe roads: I-80 closed, chain requirements in effect on highways (updated)
- Lake Tahoe weather: Rain to turn to snow today; storm warning remains in effect
- Lake Tahoe ski resorts receive nearly 3 feet of snow in 24 hours
- Winter storm could bring 3 feet of snow to Lake Tahoe during Presidents Day weekend