Reno high-rise gunman may have been hallucinating as he fired shots
November 30, 2017
RENO, Nev. — Police have identified the former California man who took a woman hostage and opened fire on a downtown Reno street from a high-rise condominium before a SWAT team killed him.
Police say the investigation continues to suggest 30-year-old Lucas Stone of Reno may have been hallucinating Tuesday when he fired shots from an eighth floor condominium near the main casino drag. No one else was hurt.
The Washoe County medical examiner identified Stone but has released no other details about his death.
The Reno Gazette-Journal reports he moved from Sacramento to a Reno apartment within the past year and recently divorced.
Sparks Police Lt. Michael Keating said Wednesday that investigators believe Stone acted alone.
He says preliminary findings suggest he was shooting at subjects that didn’t exist.
Trending In: Main Headline
- Friends, family remembering Heavenly Mountain Resort ski patroller missing in Mount Rainier National Park
- Ice Cube performing at Lake Tahoe Hard Rock Hotel and Casino
- Lake Tahoe estate hits market for $75 million, highest listing price at Tahoe (video)
- Heavenly Resort ski pass thieves admit embezzlement
- Sand Harbor traffic issue prompts ticket warning
- Forest Service: Spread the word on Leave No Trace ethics in Lake Tahoe
- South Lake Tahoe police investigating robbery at credit union
- Nevada Highway Patrol searching for driver in hit-and-run at Crystal Bay
- Lake Tahoe weather: Flood watch, winter weather advisory in effect on South Shore (video)
- LimeBike kicks off 2nd year in South Lake Tahoe with launch party