Reno high-rise gunman may have been hallucinating as he fired shots
November 30, 2017
RENO, Nev. — Police have identified the former California man who took a woman hostage and opened fire on a downtown Reno street from a high-rise condominium before a SWAT team killed him.
Police say the investigation continues to suggest 30-year-old Lucas Stone of Reno may have been hallucinating Tuesday when he fired shots from an eighth floor condominium near the main casino drag. No one else was hurt.
The Washoe County medical examiner identified Stone but has released no other details about his death.
The Reno Gazette-Journal reports he moved from Sacramento to a Reno apartment within the past year and recently divorced.
Sparks Police Lt. Michael Keating said Wednesday that investigators believe Stone acted alone.
He says preliminary findings suggest he was shooting at subjects that didn’t exist.
Trending In: Main Headline
- Truck over side of Kingsbury Grade results in discovery of 2nd wreck
- Swimmer rescued after leg becomes stuck between boulders at Lake Tahoe
- Smoke free? Clear, sunny conditions in forecast for Lake Tahoe region
- Historic Lake Tahoe home sells for $10 million
- New fitness center Gym Love opens in South Lake Tahoe