Reno high-rise gunman may have been hallucinating as he fired shots
November 30, 2017
RENO, Nev. — Police have identified the former California man who took a woman hostage and opened fire on a downtown Reno street from a high-rise condominium before a SWAT team killed him.
Police say the investigation continues to suggest 30-year-old Lucas Stone of Reno may have been hallucinating Tuesday when he fired shots from an eighth floor condominium near the main casino drag. No one else was hurt.
The Washoe County medical examiner identified Stone but has released no other details about his death.
The Reno Gazette-Journal reports he moved from Sacramento to a Reno apartment within the past year and recently divorced.
Sparks Police Lt. Michael Keating said Wednesday that investigators believe Stone acted alone.
He says preliminary findings suggest he was shooting at subjects that didn’t exist.
Trending In: Main Headline
- Lake Tahoe weather: Sunny conditions through weekend, snow possible next week
- Realtor group vows to stay involved, looks ‘forward to continued discussion’ following passage of Measure T
- Kirkwood Mountain to open backside, Heavenly Mountain to open California side Saturday
- FINAL ELECTION RESULTS: Measure T passes in South Lake Tahoe
- Sierra snowpack well above average after storms