Man drowns at Sand Harbor in North Lake Tahoe
July 31, 2017
Officials say a man drowned after swimming at a north Lake Tahoe beach.
The man had been swimming in Sand Harbor Beach in northeast end of Lake Tahoe on Saturday. Washoe County Sheriff’s Office spokesman Bob Harmon says lifeguards quickly pulled the man out of the water and began performing life saving measures.
The man was taken to a nearby hospital where he was later pronounced dead. He appeared to be in his mid to late 20s.
According to Harmon, the drowning appears to be accidental and is still under investigation.
Reports: Man drowns at Sand Harbor in North Lake Tahoe
A man apparently drowned at Sand Harbor on Saturday, July 29.
Recommended Stories For You
The incident happened about 5 p.m. on Saturday after the unidentified man went for a swim in the north end of the lake, Washoe County Sheriff’s Office spokesman Bob Harmon said.
Life guards were able to pull the man from the water, and treat him at the scene. The man was taken to a local hospital where he was pronounced dead, KOLO-TV reported.
Trending In: Main Headline
- Lake Tahoe roads: I-80 and Mt Rose Highway still closed (updated)
- Lake Tahoe roads: I-80 closed, chain requirements in effect on highways (updated)
- Lake Tahoe weather: Rain to turn to snow today; storm warning remains in effect
- Snow or rain? Winter storm could drench Lake Tahoe
- Most chain requirements dropped around Lake Tahoe (updated)