Man drowns at Sand Harbor in North Lake Tahoe
July 31, 2017
Officials say a man drowned after swimming at a north Lake Tahoe beach.
The man had been swimming in Sand Harbor Beach in northeast end of Lake Tahoe on Saturday. Washoe County Sheriff’s Office spokesman Bob Harmon says lifeguards quickly pulled the man out of the water and began performing life saving measures.
The man was taken to a nearby hospital where he was later pronounced dead. He appeared to be in his mid to late 20s.
According to Harmon, the drowning appears to be accidental and is still under investigation.
Reports: Man drowns at Sand Harbor in North Lake Tahoe
A man apparently drowned at Sand Harbor on Saturday, July 29.
Recommended Stories For You
The incident happened about 5 p.m. on Saturday after the unidentified man went for a swim in the north end of the lake, Washoe County Sheriff’s Office spokesman Bob Harmon said.
Life guards were able to pull the man from the water, and treat him at the scene. The man was taken to a local hospital where he was pronounced dead, KOLO-TV reported.
Trending In: Main Headline
- Day 8 of Tahoe Daily Tribune’s 12 Days of Giveaways: Designer sweater from Sidestreet Boutique
- Lake Tahoe waterfront estate sets Incline Village sales record
- Bear finds garbage gold mine in Tahoe Keys truck
- Cal Neva Resort & Casino sale in jeopardy
- Day 10 of Tahoe Daily Tribune’s 12 Days of Giveaways: Sunset champagne cruise aboard the Safari Rose
- Realtor group vows to stay involved, looks ‘forward to continued discussion’ following passage of Measure T
- Lake Tahoe weather: Sunny conditions through weekend, snow possible next week
- TMZ: Tom Cruise in South Lake Tahoe to film scenes for ‘Top Gun’ sequel
- Kirkwood Mountain to open backside, Heavenly Mountain to open California side Saturday
- FINAL ELECTION RESULTS: Measure T passes in South Lake Tahoe