South Lake Tahoe among ’21 magical mountain towns’ identified by travel company’s blog
December 14, 2017
A blog post on a website owned by travel company Expedia compiled a list of “21 magical mountain towns” across the U.S., and there is a familiar name early in the post.
South Lake Tahoe was among the 21 mountain towns that "have everything you need for a proper adventure" listed on the CarRentals.com — an Expedia, Inc. company — blog.
So, what does the blog post recommend doing in South Lake?
For playing, the post suggests a trip to family-friendly Adventure Mountain, located near Echo Summit.
"The kids will love flying down the slopes on a traditional sled or inner tube," the post states.
As for where to grab a bite to eat, the author mentions Evan's American Gourmet Cafe at 536 Emerald Bay Road.
Recommended Stories For You
“Take a seat at Evans American Gourmet Café, order the rosemary and garlic marinated rack of lamb, and laugh at how good it is.”
Lastly, the post recommends staying at Lake Tahoe Resort Hotel.
“Enjoy the indoor heated pool, the in-suite spa services, and plenty of other fantastic amenities.”
A few of the other locations listed in the post include: Ketchum, Idaho; Whitefish, Montana; Girdwood, Alaska; and Bend, Oregon.
Trending In: Main Headline
- Family: Pastor found unresponsive at Lake Tahoe ski resort died from heart attack
- UPDATE: Chain requirements lifted on US 50, Interstate 80
- Highway 89 reopens at Emerald Bay
- Douglas County Lake Tahoe Sewer Authority meets for first time
- Former Lake Tahoe Humane Society director arrested in Tennessee after embezzlement charge
- Weather service: ‘Life threatening’ conditions persist at Lake Tahoe
- 2 ½ feet of snow in 2 days at Lake Tahoe ski resorts
- UPDATE: Chain requirements in effect on most Lake Tahoe area highways
- Lake Tahoe weather: Slight chance of flurries Friday; storm possible Sunday
- Reno double homicide similar to Douglas County killings