South Lake Tahoe Fire Rescue responds to small fire; cause of ‘booming’ sound unknown
November 7, 2017
Investigators are unsure what may have caused a loud "booming" sound in a South Lake Tahoe neighborhood near the Y on Tuesday.
South Lake Tahoe Fire Rescue responded to a small fire at a residence in the 1900 block of D Street around noon Tuesday. The fire originated in a closet containing a hot water heater, SLTFR Battalion Chief Jim Drennan told the Tribune.
One person reported hearing a big "booming" sound, but there was nothing inside the home to indicate an explosion, Drennan said.
An area resident also told the Tribune he heard a loud noise that sounded like an explosion.
The cause of the fire is unknown and under investigation.
Drennan said the home sustained some light smoke damage.
Trending In: Main Headline
- Douglas County Lake Tahoe Sewer Authority meets for first time
- Former Lake Tahoe Humane Society director arrested in Tennessee after embezzlement charge
- Groundbreaking set for future Whole Foods location in South Lake Tahoe
- Inquietud surge en la comunidad inmigrante de Lake Tahoe
- 14,000 fight California fires, some from prisons or overseas
- ELECTION UPDATE: South Lake Tahoe’s Measure T passing by 58 votes
- Whole Foods, Chase Bank sites for sale in South Lake Tahoe
- Election impacts on Lake Tahoe real estate
- What’s new for the 2018-19 ski season at Lake Tahoe’s downhill resorts
- Lake Tahoe weather: Northern California wildfires could impact air quality in region