South Lake Tahoe Fire Rescue responds to small fire; cause of ‘booming’ sound unknown
November 7, 2017
Investigators are unsure what may have caused a loud "booming" sound in a South Lake Tahoe neighborhood near the Y on Tuesday.
South Lake Tahoe Fire Rescue responded to a small fire at a residence in the 1900 block of D Street around noon Tuesday. The fire originated in a closet containing a hot water heater, SLTFR Battalion Chief Jim Drennan told the Tribune.
One person reported hearing a big "booming" sound, but there was nothing inside the home to indicate an explosion, Drennan said.
An area resident also told the Tribune he heard a loud noise that sounded like an explosion.
The cause of the fire is unknown and under investigation.
Drennan said the home sustained some light smoke damage.
Trending In: Main Headline
- Body recovered from Lake Tahoe believed to be University of Nevada, Reno football player Marc Ma
- Friends, family remembering Heavenly Mountain Resort ski patroller missing in Mount Rainier National Park
- California resident drowns in Lake Tahoe
- Man drowns at Sand Harbor in North Lake Tahoe
- False alarm draws police to South Lake Tahoe Wells Fargo at the Y
- Ken’s Tires Center celebrates 40 years in South Lake Tahoe
- Whittell celebrates Lisa Maloff, football team crushes Smith Valley at new digs
- El Dorado County supervisor candidates find some common ground on VHR regulations
- Traps reignite controversy over Nevada Department of Wildlife bear management
- Re-vamped Apple Hill shuttle gets a test drive