Two bears found in truck rummaging for food in Tahoe Donner
August 3, 2018
Reports to local law enforcement came in Thursday afternoon of two bears stuck in a vehicle in Tahoe Donner, according to a Truckee Police Department press release.
A Community Services Officer responded to the scene to find a momma and young cub in the back of a pickup truck sifting through some garbage. The bears had also broken a window in the vehicle's camper shell.
The officer attempted to scare the animals with an air horn, causing them to exit the vehicle safely and head back int the woods, the release states.
Truckee Police reminded residents in a Facebook post to "Please remember to not leave any trash or food in your vehicle. Even a single stick of gum in your center console can smell like a tasty snack for a bear. Be #BearAware at all times and please, DO NOT FEED OUR BEARS."
Trending In: Main Headline
- UPDATE: Chain requirements lifted on US 50, Interstate 80
- Douglas County Lake Tahoe Sewer Authority meets for first time
- Ferguson Fire in Yosemite filling Lake Tahoe Basin with smoke
- Jacks Valley fire cause under investigation
- Judge says lawsuit can continue in bizarre kidnapping case perpetrated by former South Lake Tahoe resident
- Rain, snow in forecast for Lake Tahoe; expect Thanksgiving travel delays in northern Sierra
- ELECTION UPDATE: Measure T’s lead falls to 47 votes in South Lake Tahoe
- Rollover on US 50 near Cave Rock
- 9 Lake Tahoe restaurants serving Thanksgiving Day dinner
- Kirkwood Mountain Resort changes opening day from Wednesday to Saturday