Tricia Mangan replaces Jackie Wiles on US Olympic team
February 6, 2018
PYEONGCHANG, South Korea — Alpine skier Tricia Mangan has been added to the U.S. Olympic team.
Mangan is a 20-year-old from New York who finished 19th in a World Cup combined event at Lenzerheide, Switzerland, this month.
The U.S. Olympic Committee announced Tuesday that Mangan joined the roster after Jackie Wiles was ruled out of what would have been her second Winter Games because of a knee injury.
Wiles was hurt during a World Cup downhill in Germany on Saturday.
More AP Olympic coverage: https://wintergames.ap.org/
Trending In: PyeongChang 2018 Winter Olympics
- Parkite Madison Olsen prepares for Winter Games with rest and soup
- After surprise reunion with estranged mother, Katie Uhlaender finishes 13th
- Tongan finishes 114th in Olympic cross-country
- Svindal wins Olympic downhill to become oldest Alpine champ
- Eagle’s Jake Pates makes finals of Olympic halfpipe competition